Re: Hansen signs new two-year ...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Hansen signs new two-y...

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:
so why are you lot questioning Farrels loyalty, just because he wants a new challenge.
I haven't mentined Farrell's loyalty but questioned Mo's decision making.

Farrell didn't honr his contract is all I said, which he dudn't. I don't think comparing the Davico situation to Farrell is fair. Davico's club were not in the position Wigan find themselves in. Had Farrell made his request at the end of the 2004 season we could have sorted the situation out before we began the campaign this time.

Davico did not leave his club in the lurch and Farrell didn't need to leave now. The RU season is over and going at the end of this season would have been fair to both him, the club and the fans.

I don't think the fact he did 14 years for the club lets him off the hook for the abysmal timing of his descion to leave. It certainly doesn't get Mo off letting him leave either IMO.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

DaveO posted:
ChrisA posted:
so why are you lot questioning Farrels loyalty, just because he wants a new challenge.
I haven't mentined Farrell's loyalty but questioned Mo's decision making.

Farrell didn't honr his contract is all I said, which he dudn't. I don't think comparing the Davico situation to Farrell is fair. Davico's club were not in the position Wigan find themselves in. Had Farrell made his request at the end of the 2004 season we could have sorted the situation out before we began the campaign this time.

Davico did not leave his club in the lurch and Farrell didn't need to leave now. The RU season is over and going at the end of this season would have been fair to both him, the club and the fans.

I don't think the fact he did 14 years for the club lets him off the hook for the abysmal timing of his descion to leave. It certainly doesn't get Mo off letting him leave either IMO.

Dave
I never meant you in particular questioned his loyalty, just a good few on thios board. You've made some fair points I agree, but what ever our oppinions are doesnt matter now really, we need to replace him, thats what matters now.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

well said chrisA far to much yapping about the big mans loyalty
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Think its great news we've re-signed hansen even if it is only for two years, i think when hock's back, he may give him a run for his place, the thing is we have tickle, hock, allen and hansen all pushing for that second row spot, i reckon the way tickles going he could end up in the front row in the next couple of seasons and we'll be resigned to losing one of the named above, my guess being allen, which would be such a shame because the time he's spent on the field hes had a good effect.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

I agree totally with CHRISA, well put chris
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
Think its great news we've re-signed hansen even if it is only for two years, i think when hock's back, he may give him a run for his place, the thing is we have tickle, hock, allen and hansen all pushing for that second row spot, i reckon the way tickles going he could end up in the front row in the next couple of seasons and we'll be resigned to losing one of the named above, my guess being allen, which would be such a shame because the time he's spent on the field hes had a good effect.
My guess for who might get the push is Beswick. He isn't big enough at 13 stone and won't get much bigger. Allen is will be cover for O'Loughlin at loose forward if he is allowed to stay at the club and gain experience.

Then again we may be surprised and find room is made for more of this crop o kids than we might expect by other slighty more senioe players being let go such as as Aspy, Wilde and even Brown. I don't think any of those three are guarenteed new contracts and might find their positions under threat if the likes of Allen show up well.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Tend to agree with you.

Not all the youngsters will be good enough but I wouldn't trust the powers that be to make the right decisions about the new generation.

Over the years they have been awful. They led us to believe that Kev Brown was the best thing since sliced bread and he's shown nothing special yet and has looked distincly poor in SL company.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

kevin brown has been hot and cold, it,s a bit harsh to say he,s shown nothing. it,s about getting him consistant now
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
Over the years they have been awful. They led us to believe that Kev Brown was the best thing since sliced bread and he's shown nothing special yet and has looked distincly poor in SL company.
You can't really blame the club for that, they just pick the players to be in the squad. It's the media who make those kind of ridiculous claims, particularly Stevo on Sky. Also, if the lad had been so bad then no-one would have said anything although people do focus on one-or-two individual events rather than his play on a consistent basis.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

waterside glens posted:
kevin brown has been hot and cold, it,s a bit harsh to say he,s shown nothing. it,s about getting him consistant now
True. Had a good game tonight though. Good line breaks, and excellent in defence.
It's been said before, though - he's too much of a "utility" player, good to have on the bench but he wouldn't replace any of the first choices in any position.