Re: Two fringe players have also left the club.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
menpond

Post by menpond »

We should face up now ,and get rid of Powell. Few players come thru to be a top player,and Williams looks the one to make the grade. Hanging on to players who are not good enough to be Wigan players shows weak thinking.and there were too many weak players in our 17 at the gf. We have a tendency to have weak nos 16,17 in the squad,. So when the chips are down, eg FLOWERincident too much strain on the side. If Dudson and Hughes could not make the GF side,why are we giving them house space?Seems to me there is too much clutter and not enough focus on a tight 17 tight enough to win. At the moment we are going downhill,slowly.
mp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Murphy was inevitable. I quite liked Austin personally.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

menpond wrote:We should face up now ,and get rid of Powell. Few players come thru to be a top player,and Williams looks the one to make the grade. Hanging on to players who are not good enough to be Wigan players shows weak thinking.and there were too many weak players in our 17 at the gf. We have a tendency to have weak nos 16,17 in the squad,. So when the chips are down, eg FLOWERincident too much strain on the side. If Dudson and Hughes could not make the GF side,why are we giving them house space?Seems to me there is too much clutter and not enough focus on a tight 17 tight enough to win. At the moment we are going downhill,slowly.
The wittering of the insane!
You can't just have a squad of seventeen players get injured and banned!?!
Go back to bed if you can't come out with anything sensible. Is it an age thing?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
rdownes9

Post by rdownes9 »

Spot on Wandering Warrior! Why is that idiot allowed on here with his boring negativity? Go on a different site Menpond, knock one out son and cheer the f*** up! A team reaching the grand final and we're going downhill slowly!! Your glass is never half full is it?
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

menpond wrote:We should face up now ,and get rid of Powell. Few players come thru to be a top player,and Williams looks the one to make the grade. Hanging on to players who are not good enough to be Wigan players shows weak thinking.and there were too many weak players in our 17 at the gf. We have a tendency to have weak nos 16,17 in the squad,. So when the chips are down, eg FLOWERincident too much strain on the side. If Dudson and Hughes could not make the GF side,why are we giving them house space?Seems to me there is too much clutter and not enough focus on a tight 17 tight enough to win. At the moment we are going downhill,slowly.
I see your day release pass is still valid then menpond. Diazapan is currently available at your local chemist.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

KOOCH wrote:
I see your day release pass is still valid then menpond. Diazapan is currently available at your local chemist.
Tbh a frying pan would be better. :wink:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

rdownes9 wrote:Spot on Wandering Warrior! Why is that idiot allowed on here with his boring negativity? Go on a different site Menpond, knock one out son and cheer the f*** up! A team reaching the grand final and we're going downhill slowly!! Your glass is never half full is it?
Because it's a forum and everyone is intitled to an opinion it being garbage or not if we banned all that you say boring negativity off this site there would be more than MP not posting. You do not know the posters background or age so don't judge a person on what he writes and the way he does it.This may be his/her only outside contact we don't know so don't judge or DONT READ. :angry:
mickh

Post by mickh »

Good call "keptinthedark" this site is going the way of "Animal Farm", "Lord of the Flies", only the chosen few can speak!

Mick
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
The wittering of the insane!
You can't just have a squad of seventeen players get injured and banned!?!
Go back to bed if you can't come out with anything sensible. Is it an age thing?
In general he has a point.

Our bench is generally pretty weak. In recent weeks the four props have been Flower, Crosby, Eddie and Clubb. Wane regularly starts with the first two and brings on the last two about 10 mins before have time.

You can set you watch by this.

And when he does we lose a lot.

Now next season we have Tauati joining but given Flower is out until easter at least (I assume) we are in exactly the same boat in that the substitute props are not really that good.

Then you look at substitute hooker. That was Williams until injured then Powell. Williams has some spark about him but I am not convinced by Powell. Next season it looks like Williams to 6 so if that means Powell on the bench that is 3 out of four subs who the opposition are just not worried about.

The other sub is usually Bateman and he is fine.

We need a better bench than the other 3 offer in my opinion.

We also need two better centres and a global kicker but will leave those for another thread!

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I think you will find that there will be few more over the next few weeks as we cannot keep them all and new ones on the conveyor belt.

Sad, but that's the way it goes every season.