It has started already

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

It has started already

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever1985

Re: It has started already

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Its a shame that this will probably be the thing that Ben Flower is remember for
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Its a shame that this will probably be the thing that Ben Flower is remember for
Do something so notorious in a final and what else can anyone expect?

Don Fox is remembered for missing a goal kick to (not) win a CC in front of the sticks, not for previously being on a winning side there.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Sky Sports news have reported the same thing and it is beyond disgusting. Most of the hype and talk about 'hatred' was generated by the media before the match - bit of a difference between intense rivalry/being fiercely competitive to actually hating someone. Maybe it is a word we all use far too freely. Time for the media to show a duty of care and make a big thing of the fact that the person who never made a mistake has not been born yet although, fortunately, most of us don't make our mistakes in front of a world wide audience. It makes you realise just how quickly fanatical groups like Isil can soon get going
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

OAMJSONA

Death threats

Post by OAMJSONA »

Death threats made against Wigan rugby league player Ben Flower, who punched an opponent as he lay on the ground, are being investigated by police.

A series of abusive Twitter remarks were posted on an account on Tuesday, directed to Flower, who was sent off in Saturday's Super League Grand Final.

Flower received a six-month ban for hitting St Helens stand-off Lance Hohaia.

One comment on the single account said Flower's "last days are approaching".

Other Twitter messages said that Flower "deserves to be shot", adding that he is a "dead man".

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) tweeted: "We've been made aware of abusive social media activity about the Rugby League Grand Final. Please be reassured that we are looking into this."

More than 70,000 fans at Old Trafford and millions of television viewers saw the player hit Hohaia, who lay motionless on the ground just two minutes into the match.

St Helens chairman Eamonn McManus said after the ban: "We must assist [Flower] in any way that we can and accept him back into the sport. There is a person behind the player, and I am reliably informed by all that it is a good one."

Mr McManus also said of the punching incident: "These matters have to be dealt with by the appropriate body within the game and it has so been."

A GMP spokesman said any decision to take action against Flower would depend on conversations it had with St Helens.
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

OJ wrote:Sky Sports news have reported the same thing and it is beyond disgusting. Most of the hype and talk about 'hatred' was generated by the media before the match - bit of a difference between intense rivalry/being fiercely competitive to actually hating someone. Maybe it is a word we all use far too freely. Time for the media to show a duty of care and make a big thing of the fact that the person who never made a mistake has not been born yet although, fortunately, most of us don't make our mistakes in front of a world wide audience. It makes you realise just how quickly fanatical groups like Isil can soon get going
Well said OJ
medlocke

Re: Death threats

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I read a tweet a couple of days ago where a so called St Helens fan had said to a Wigan fan, go and do yourself like your legend Newton. I will never forget that guys twitter address.
That guy is utter scum in my book.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I read a tweet a couple of days ago where a so called St Helens fan had said to a Wigan fan, go and do yourself like your legend Newton. I will never forget that guys twitter address.
it was a tweet to Gaz hock, Gaz flipped !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I read a tweet a couple of days ago where a so called St Helens fan had said to a Wigan fan, go and do yourself like your legend Newton. I will never forget that guys twitter address.
it was a tweet to Gaz hock, Gaz flipped !
It got retweeted all over the show.Don't know whether the person has shut their site down but I can't find it now.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield