Crappy Shirts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Crappy Shirts

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Got to say Keep it going Dave!!

Mrs Lam et al will only believe the ship is sinking when their hair gets wet!!

I can only think Mrs Lam and other who patently don't get our point of view are young'uns who have seen no better. No disgrace in that, but you could learn from others you know.
Some of us are (relatively) young Jimmy, I'm 23, consequently we aren't old enough to remember the 80's very well, however, I do think that gives us a more open mind to compare ourselves with other teams in the present climate rather than comparing ourselves to the Wigan of past.

I would have thought drawing comparisons between other teams in 2005 would be more important than going on about how times have changed!?! You older fans could also learn a few things from us fresh thinkers!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

At 23 you can't remember th 80's at all!

Show some respect young man :D :D
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

robjoenz posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
Got to say Keep it going Dave!!

Mrs Lam et al will only believe the ship is sinking when their hair gets wet!!

I can only think Mrs Lam and other who patently don't get our point of view are young'uns who have seen no better. No disgrace in that, but you could learn from others you know.
Some of us are (relatively) young Jimmy, I'm 23, consequently we aren't old enough to remember the 80's very well, however, I do think that gives us a more open mind to compare ourselves with other teams in the present climate rather than comparing ourselves to the Wigan of past.

I would have thought drawing comparisons between other teams in 2005 would be more important than going on about how times have changed!?! You older fans could also learn a few things from us fresh thinkers!
Quite true Rob but some of you don't think as fresh as you think you think. Only joking - As I've posted elsewhere I was somewhat " in my cups" last night :)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
At 23 you can't remember th 80's at all!

Show some respect young man :D :D
Well said sir!
:) :)
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

I have cherry and white blood in my veins and I can accept that this season is loking like we could miss out on the play-offs. What I do need though is hope that in the off season we will again emerge as the greatest team in the world and sign some genuine world class players so I can get excited about our future. I can't stand the drivel we have at the minute. A few years ago alot of our team wouldn't have played A-Team football.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

how can anyone really say that we will miss out on the six? Were not half way through the season yet and already your all giving up!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Carneys angel

Post by Carneys angel »

warrior till i die posted:
how can anyone really say that we will miss out on the six? Were not half way through the season yet and already your all giving up!
here here! :eusa2:

we need to support the players not slag them off!
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Miss the six I hope i'm wrong but don't be shocked if we do. I know we're not half way through the season and that's what worries me.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
heydude

Post by heydude »

can we get back to the original question here which was turning out to be a pleasant topic but has turn into another negative one,the crappiest shirt i though was the 1996 away shirt (i think) which consisted of blue and white squares that made them look like giant jockeys (horse racing not disc) only problem is i've still got mine (DOH!!!) :D
don't eat yellow snow
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

We will struggle to get in the 6. Id rather we go 7th than 6th. No team out of the top 3-4 will get near the GF. If we finish outside the top 6 next season well get easier games. I think im correct or are they changin that rule.