Crappy Shirts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: Crappy Shirts

Post by heydude »

thegimble posted:
warrior till i die posted:
how can anyone really say that we will miss out on the six? Were not half way through the season yet and already your all giving up!
how can anyone really say that we will miss out on the six? Were not half way through the season yet and already your all giving up!
We will struggle to get in the 6. Id rather we go 7th than 6th. No team out of the top 3-4 will get near the GF. If we finish outside the top 6 next season well get easier games. I think im correct or are they changin that rule.
they have changed that rule last season for this season where you finished you play in odds or even places that means if you finished on a odd number you play all the other teams who finished on a odd number and it's just the same with the evens.
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

heydude posted:
they have changed that rule last season for this season where you finished you play in odds or even places that means if you finished on a odd number you play all the other teams who finished on a odd number and it's just the same with the evens.
Right idea, Dude, but the wrong way round...if you finish odd, you play the evens, and vice versa - (cos there's 12 teams and 6 extra games)
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

GeoffN posted:
heydude posted:
Right idea, Dude, but the wrong way round...if you finish odd, you play the evens, and vice versa - (cos there's 12 teams and 6 extra games)
:conf: Good rule this, no bu**er understands it !!!
In a true league everyone should play each other twice, the team who finish top are champions, over and out. Then the top 4 should play off for a sheild, culminating in the final... IMO.
Perhaps this is a little too straight forward ????

:conf: :conf:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

we_need_a_coach posted:
GeoffN posted:
heydude posted:
:conf: Good rule this, no bu**er understands it !!!
In a true league everyone should play each other twice, the team who finish top are champions, over and out. Then the top 4 should play off for a sheild, culminating in the final... IMO.
Perhaps this is a little too straight forward ????

:conf: :conf:
For once I completely agree with you! It appears to be mainly the fault of the club chairmen, who want a 28 game season to get the gate receipts, but don't want to let 3 more clubs in because it would reduce their share of the SKY cash.
heydude

Post by heydude »

GeoffN posted:
heydude posted:
cheers geoffn knew it was something like that but when i was listening to the explanation my mind started to wander ..........
don't eat yellow snow
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

heydude posted:
thegimble posted:
We will struggle to get in the 6. Id rather we go 7th than 6th. No team out of the top 3-4 will get near the GF. If we finish outside the top 6 next season well get easier games. I think im correct or are they changin that rule.
But was this rule only changed for this season as 2 go down. Does it not revert back this season.
heydude

Post by heydude »

thegimble posted:
heydude posted:
thegimble posted: We will struggle to get in the 6. Id rather we go 7th than 6th. No team out of the top 3-4 will get near the GF. If we finish outside the top 6 next season well get easier games. I think im correct or are they changin that rule.
But was this rule only changed for this season as 2 go down. Does it not revert back this season.
i think it here to stay it's to compensate for the last ruling where some teams had a better advantage but in the world of rugby league how many times have you seen different rules from one season to the next, so maybe it's here to stay or maybe it's not, don't even think mystic meg could tell you. :D
don't eat yellow snow
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

heydude posted:
thegimble posted:
heydude posted: they have changed that rule last season for this season where you finished you play in odds or even places that means if you finished on a odd number you play all the other teams who finished on a odd number and it's just the same with the evens.
i think it here to stay it's to compensate for the last ruling where some teams had a better advantage but in the world of rugby league how many times have you seen different rules from one season to the next, so maybe it's here to stay or maybe it's not, don't even think mystic meg could tell you. :D
It is much more fair as the Wolves finished 6 th one season and struggled the next due to playing the top teams.

Thanks for clearing it up. Back to think of another masterplan to get us out of the rut. Wonder if Roman Abravovich watches League.