Brough

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Brough

Post by Wes »

Heard he's unsettled and we could be in to sign him.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Brough

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Rumour rife on twitter and Scott Taylor going other way.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Surely he's too much of a maverick to fit into our structure.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Rumour rife on twitter and Scott Taylor going other way.
I honestly don't know if he'd be the answer to our half back position ?

Always thought he can be a match winner in certain situations, but at the same time, a loose cannon who can lose you a match at the same time.

Should we choose to 'experiment' for ONE season with him, whilst the young kids come through, or are Williams/Powell/
Hampshire ready to go now, but in any case, would Brough be the right sort of mentor for them anyway ?
Wes

Post by Wes »

He can kick for 2.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Can't believe this one but if was true it would be very interesting. For all of his faults he's a real talent and has an amazing kicking game, something we've lacked for years. If he settled into the squad and we managed to keep our young half backs happy I'd really like to see how it went. It would at least be nice to make an exciting signing for next season.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Can see the Wigan mentality bringing Brough in.
Hampshire would be back up at 1, Williams would be back up at 9 but it maybe doesn't suggest too good for Powell.
I don't agree with it as my choice would be Hampshire at 6 as I see few 6's with better potential than Ryan.
Wigan Watcher

DANNY BROUGH TO WIGAN?

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Wigan are trying to get Brough to Wigan. The club have been having talks with Huddersfield with the stumbling block being the amount of money Huddersfield want to let him go. Wigan have still not given up with Brough willing to make the switch. Wigan are trying several ways to get their man...

Personally I would have thought Brough is not a Wigan type player.

The booze hound

Re: DANNY BROUGH TO WIGAN?

Post by The booze hound »

Brough would improve our squad no doubt. I've heard people say he couldn't play in the Wigan structured mould but I totally disagree with that. he plays the way he does because that's how his coach wants him to play. Wayne could do wonders for his game and his conversions would be a god send for us. However I do not believe the rumour that he could be on his way to the DW, mostly because we have no room to manoeuvre under the salary cap.
Wiganer Ted

Re: DANNY BROUGH TO WIGAN?

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Agree with the above.
If he did come to Wigan a player/s would have to leave re the SC.
I can see why Wigan would want him and why he would want to play for the club. Can't see it happening though.