Hampshire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cow yeds

Hampshire

Post by cow yeds »

Strong rumour he is going to HKR on loan.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Hampshire

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wouldnt be a bad move to be honest if it gets him 1st team action on the regular
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Yes this could be just what the lad needs.I know he's understud to be gaining experience from Matty that's all well and good but he's not getting enough game time in my humble opinion.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Going to HKR didn't do Josh any harm, quite the reverse.
Will Rocky go straight into full back or have they got one already seeing that Eden is now in Aus?
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

As long as he gets game time then this should be a good move for him.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

If true, it will be no different than Charnley a couple of seasons ago, who also was allowed to go on loan in order to get more first team game time to take over from Bowen who like Green is on a two year short term contract.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Whelley Warrior wrote:If true, it will be no different than Charnley a couple of seasons ago, who also was allowed to go on loan in order to get more first team game time to take over from Bowen who like Green is on a two year short term contract.
What the hell are you on about?

If anyone can interpret this gibberish then please do so. Green has left so has NO 2 year deal and Charnley did not (and will not) replace Bowen. I am sure you post for postings sake at times :sly:

Back on topic.

I would not be too keen on him plying his trade at HKR. Why would he need to do that? Suggests more than anything that a first team spot is not his and if one was to be available then it would only be fullback. After Bowen's misfiring season I for one would not be too happy guaranteeing him his place, nor pigeon holing Hampshire into that spot.

Now Green has left it is imperative Wigan give Hampshire his chance there (rather than HKR) and let Powell and Williams fight out the interchange for McIlorum.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

butt monkey wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:If true, it will be no different than Charnley a couple of seasons ago, who also was allowed to go on loan in order to get more first team game time to take over from Bowen who like Green is on a two year short term contract.

If anyone can interpret this gibberish then please do so. Green has left so has NO 2 year deal and Charnley did not (and will not) replace Bowen. I am sure you post for postings sake at times :sly:

Back on topic.

I would not be too keen on him plying his trade at HKR. Why would he need to do that? Suggests more than anything that a first team spot is not his and if one was to be available then it would only be fullback. After Bowen's misfiring season I for one would not be too happy guaranteeing him his place, nor pigeon holing Hampshire into that spot.

Now Green has left it is imperative Wigan give Hampshire his chance there (rather than HKR) and let Powell and Williams fight out the interchange for McIlorum.
Never said that Charnley would replace Bowen and judging by the lack of comment from other posters, it would appear that they understood what I was saying in regard to players going to another club to get more game time and experience and then coming back to replace older players on short term two year contracts like Green and Bowen who were only signed while younger players progressed'

Especially, players who no longer can play for the Under 19 Academy, a problem which has been brought about by having no reserve teams or older player's being allowed to play in a younger age group team.

menpond

Post by menpond »

Wigan should not have offered Bowen a second year,as he has not earned it.We have learned how quickly grow into top team players ,especially the backs., when properly fitted in. Wane made a shocking mistake in his first year by throwing on a unproven and untried teenager into a play off semi final, dropped the up and under /game lossed. .The back 3 should be covered by 5 players with at least 4 capable of playing fullback. Charnley, Burgess, Sarge, Hampshire. Manfredi, can do the job,and get the experience against the weaker sides in the competition. , and switching round in games when strongly ahead. Not thrown in to a big game on a whim.We did it again in the GF last month with 2 unproven players, Powell and Williams thrown in and out of their depth for the specific job in that team. The centres are covered by Thornley ,Gelling, BatemanGildart and if needed Tomkins.
mp
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:

Back on topic.

Completely agree with that comment :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan