Close!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Close!

Post by MrsLam »

Well..I did say I wanted a close match!

Would like to start by saying what the hell was Melling doing? I understand that those were high difficult kicks but to make a mistake each time? He either left it to bounce or dropped it because he hadn't jumped and just expected it to drop into his arms. Put us under un necessary pressure due to laziness, he was even shielded at one point by two of our players and STILL didn't make any effort other than put his arms out. Get it sorted lad.

Hansen was outstanding today, couldn't see cause it was down at the other end but was it him who came flying across the pitch to do the try saving tackle in the first half? Impressive in defence all night Hansen and took the ball forward a fair few yards each time.

Got to have a go at Kirkpatrick and his useless linesman for one thing though. How can possible allow that try? It was a clear knock on from anyone at that end of the East stand and from anyone in the South stand that the ball had been dropped and gone forward over the line and then touched down. Try my ****, i'm still fuming over that!

Glad to see Terry O still has his sense of humour, after their first try he came back looked at us and went "ooo" then turned to the linesman guy behind the sticks and said "laugh at them!" Good reception for all the ex Wigan players too...from the fans anyway. Why did Newton have to lash out at Mick Cassidy for the high tackle that wasn't even on him? A reason why Newton is still not ready for captaincy, he could have got himself sent off for something that was nothing to do with him at all.

Kev Brown didn't have a bad game today either, I think after that initial mistake he tries his best to make up for it and in my eyes he did. He was passing at the right times rather than stupidly or panic play and on that note well done to Moran for actually being aware of the fact that we were drawing, right behind the sticks and only had a few minutes left. His awareness literally won us the match.

Overall, it maybe should have been easier but well done:D Noticed Andy Farrell was there yet again. He zoomed past us in his posh little car when we were all muppets queuing up..and he was in the wrong lane in the first place. Can this guy wind me up more this year????

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Joanne2809

Re: Close!

Post by Joanne2809 »

I completely agree with you Mrs Lam !!! I dont agree with kev Brown having a good game, he needs to remember he is not alone out there and should pass the ball more !!

What happened with the Widnes try in the far corner, we couldnt see, but the crowd were going ape s*** at Kirkpatrick...he is a bad referee, made some stupid decisions ????

Good to see Brian back !!!!

Was a close game and still room for LOTS of improvement, Melling saved the try in the first half not Hansen !! think that was the only thing he did, not his best game and needs to have a chat with Kris on how to take them high balls !!!!

COME BACK KRIS, dont think we realise just how fantastic he is until he isnt playing !!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Brown was the difference today as well as kirkpricktrick, on two occasions he should of passed the ball and we'd of probably got tries on both occasions, other than the fact moran cant catch and widnes were gifted at least 4points, i've no other real complaints.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

The "try" in the corner, not sure who it was but he was tackled and then dropped the ball which then rolled over the line and was touched down. Now both Kirkpratrick and the linesman were nearby, all the wigan fans were cheering because it had been knocked on and he went over again gave it...Went absolutely crazy at him. He is not my most favourite person in the world right now

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Didn't realise it was Melling, thought it was too good for him with the game he had! Well done to him for that, couldnt see. We don't normally play that way around, we're normally scoring down south end second half.

Also clearly wasn't thinking of Kev Brown! Could that ale possible have completely clouded my judgement of who the hell was who? Oops!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

yes Mrs.Lam so you agree that melling did have a shocker. He looked like he wanted Widnes to win. And I dont really know why we didnt change it around because it was obvious had picked up on his liability to catch. I was glad to see Carney back and injury free and a nice little move between moran and him for his try.
I thaught Vaealikis defensive game was better tonight. Kev Brown also had a sound game but if he had passed a few more times it could of been a bit of an easier night.
The forwards tonight were brilliant as usuall all four props played well and Jerome Guisset especially stood out with a few good breaks. Terry Newton has got to be the best hooker in the world. He is always alert and leads the team with fantastic pride. Danny Tickle, I think he looks like the man to fill farrells boots his kicking has improved and his try was pleasing. Stevie Wild weve been calling for him in the forwards and he delivers with a try which I must say was a great dummy by scully to set it up. And finally the ref one word cr@p.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

As much as i dislike the guy, i thought melling played alright and if it wasnt for newton ordering moran back, we'd of drawn
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

melling played alright :o :o :o He mayed one decent tackle were somebody went into touch.
ancient and loyal upon my chest

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Melling was awful. It's due to him that they got 3 tries! 3 mistakes 3 tries. Each time he dropped it or left it to bounce they got a try straight away. He didnt jump for the ball once and they were all extremely high kicks. He is definitely not Kris Radlinski just yet, really needs to work on high ball technique. His general defence was ok and he did do well in the first half with that tackle otherwise they were most definitely in fora try and the outcome could have been so different.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Ok maybe i wasnt concentrating, his attempts to catch the high ball were pitiful but he wasnt to bad ball in hand wise, unlike moran who doesnt know what it feels like to have ball in hand, i thought brian had a decent comeback game and seemed pretty alert, always a good sign