Warriors Academy to face Australian Schoolboys

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Academy to face Australian Schoolboys

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors Academy will face the Australian Schoolboys on Saturday 29 November (12:00pm) at the Solid Strip Community Stadium, Orrell as part of their UK Tour.

Fresh from their 2014 Grand Final victory over Warrington Wolves, Matty Peet's side will host the tourists in their second game of the five match tour. Commenting on the game Matty Peet said:

"We are delighted to be able to test ourselves against the best young talent Australia has to offer. The team proved that they are the best in this country by way of their Grand Final success and this should be a huge test for all of them.

"We will be working hard to make sure we are well prepared for this game. We will have to be ready to put in a great performance as we will be facing an excellent team."

The game is one of three warm up games ahead of the Australian Schoolboys facing England in two international games with Wigan's Jake Shorrocks, Luke Waterworth, Nick Gregson and Oliver Gildart all being called up to the national team ahead of the internationals.

2015 Season Ticket Holders that have renewed by the time of the fixture will be admitted for free, however with demand expected to be high fans are asked to get their tickets in advance for the game from the DW Stadium Ticket Office.

Matty added: "We had some bumper crowds at Orrell last season and I'm sure we can expect another great turnout by the Wigan fans who can get that rugby fix during the off season with this mouth-watering clash, I for one cannot wait!"

Tickets for the clash are available from the DW Stadium Ticket Office and the Ticket Hotline 0871 66 33 552 costing £5 for adults and £3 for concessions. Fans are advised that parking will not be available on site at the Solid Strip Community Stadium; however, 20 disabled parking spaces will be reserved. These are available free of charge on a first come, first served basis by contacting the Ticket Office.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... XdAEZQi.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Eclipse

Re: Warriors Academy to face Australian Schoolboys

Post by The Eclipse »

This Aussie team are monsters, plenty of Pacific Islanders like BJ Lelia's brother and a couple of Greg Inglis clones as well.

It will be interesting to see how strong the Wigan lineup is.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Will they be bringing their own ref too. :D
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

A great test for the Wigan lads.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Got our tickets today, really looking forward to the game. I believe the Aussies have some impressive young players in their squad.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Does anyone know if Wigan have named their squad yet ?

I really hope they prepare well for this game and give themselves every chance of performing well, it's no good just training a couple of times in the lead up to the game, otherwise they will get annihilated.

It will be interesting to see if Bretherton is back from his knee reco.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

The Eclipse wrote:Does anyone know if Wigan have named their squad yet ?

I really hope they prepare well for this game and give themselves every chance of performing well, it's no good just training a couple of times in the lead up to the game, otherwise they will get annihilated.

It will be interesting to see if Bretherton is back from his knee reco.
I believe Bretherton will play.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

I would love to see this game live on wigan TV or at least get some highlights.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the whole game will be on Wigan TV Eclipse
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Thats awesome, fingers crossed.