Tonight !!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: Tonight !!!!!

Post by heydude »

GeoffN posted:
heydude posted:
last night's match was sometimes very painful to watch especially when the high bombs went up but before WNAC ,jinkin jimmy,doveoverdave and chrisa (AKA the moaning posse) start cheering i did see some glimpses of brillance like someone said on this message board if they get the basics right and restored their confidence they can be a top four side but that just poses another question is betts up to the job me personally i am not so sure especially after last night's game because he should have rectified the problem of the high bombs (reminder me of challenge cup final 1996 with nathan graham ).
but he had no real options of who to put there...Brown was tried (and failed) in the last game. DV has, apparently, played fb for Paramatta, but that prospect scares me, having seen his defence so far; Aspi is not exactly secure under the bomb, and AFAIK no-one else has ever played FB.
DV has played full back with New Zealand so that's international level also thought DV defence was alot better last night in the first half made some good tackles when wigan were on their own line,i know he didn't have many options but someone to help out poor melling because he had gone i could see the fear in the lad every time that ball went up and was pretty far away i was in the east stand more towards the north stand,his confidence had gone and then if the opposition knows it they just keep using the same tatic (remember desi williams and castleford),all i am saying is just someone to make the opposition try a different tatic than the one that is working for them everytime.
don't eat yellow snow
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we_need_a_coach posted:
robjoenz posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
I've had my say on another thread but when will you eternal optomists eventually see the light!!!!!
I agree with the fact things aren't looking all rosie at the moment but I think that talking of sinking ships and relegation battles is rediculous. Last night we made far to many mistakes, we gave them I don't know how many repeat sets and they didn't take full advantage of that, partly due to our defence. We dropped too much ball early in the count putting us under pressure in our own half. Brown kept hold of the ball a few times when he could have made a pass and we may have scored. Moran was unlucky and knocked on an interception, on a different day he could have caught it and scored.

You look at all of these mistakes and whilst they are stupid and need working on they are hardly major problems, they are basic errors that we need to remove from our game. Had we not made these simple mistakes we'd have won by 20 or more. What we need is to concentrate on the basics rather than wiping out half the squad and fetching in a new coach.

Incidentally JJ, I think the optimistic ones CAN see the light, it's you pessimists that are staring down a dark, deep tunnel.
:angry: The really depressing sign of the times Robjoenz, is that your comments could apply to every game this season, this was not a one off, this is how we play these days !!!!

And its not good enough !!!!

:angry:
But we won!!!! Chelsea won the prem today but this season they have been called boring but they have still won! 2 points is 2 points.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
there is no future, IMO !!!!!!!
Well, we might as well all shoot ourselves and be done with it then. If anyone gets a faulty gun, then they know it'll be Betts' and ML's fault...

LIGHTEN UP, WILL YOU?!! IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
Well, we might as well all shoot ourselves and be done with it then. If anyone gets a faulty gun, then they know it'll be Betts' and ML's fault...

:angry: Perhaps not in your world, but then I am a true fan !!!!

:angry: :angry:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:

Well bully for you. Do you want me to bow down to your superior fan-ness? Nice to see you're keeping up with intelligent, factual responses instead of resorting to personal insults as you claim everyone else does - oops, sorry got that last bit wrong.

If you can come up with a way of measuring how much of a true fan someone is, and more importantly, why such a thing should matter at all to anyone, then please tell. Otherwise, comments along the lines "I'm a better fan than you", which is the only thing your response above implies even if it's not written explicitly, are just going to show you up for the idiot you are.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
Fraggle posted: Well, we might as well all shoot ourselves and be done with it then. If anyone gets a faulty gun, then they know it'll be Betts' and ML's fault...

Well bully for you. Do you want me to bow down to your superior fan-ness? Nice to see you're keeping up with intelligent, factual responses instead of resorting to personal insults as you claim everyone else does - oops, sorry got that last bit wrong.

If you can come up with a way of measuring how much of a true fan someone is, and more importantly, why such a thing should matter at all to anyone, then please tell. Otherwise, comments along the lines "I'm a better fan than you", which is the only thing your response above implies even if it's not written explicitly, are just going to show you up for the idiot you are.
good point pal. i am also waiting 4 a reply on another thread to justify his self contradicting view on what a (wigan) fan is...
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

HappyHooker posted:
Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted: :angry: Perhaps not in your world, but then I am a true fan !!!!

good point pal. i am also waiting 4 a reply on another thread to justify his self contradicting view on what a (wigan) fan is...
:angry: And you will have to wait, you have only been on here 2 minutes, anyway I've got bigger fish to fry, like tryin to find out who the consortium are that are offering to buy us !!!

HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

ok, but thats a big fish. let us all know if u catch it. no offense meant: me thinks this is a time for Wigan fans 2 all support each other and the team. I do agree with WNAC that this is serious! :cool:
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.