Calvert rumour...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Calvert rumour...

Post by robjoenz »

Up in old Whitehaven there are many a rumour going around that we have made a formal approach for their speedy winger Craig Calvert. This may just be a rumour fuelled by Dallas contract being up after this season (if I remember correctly) but what do people think? Who can we replace Dallas with when he decides to return home?

I watch Calvert every time he plays at the Recreation Ground, he's always up supporting his winger well, when the ball gets kicked up the wing he's there in a flash, he can catch under the bomb and in the attacking corner to put the ball on the ground. His pace is awesome too, he came second to Albert in the 100m and that was with him carrying a slight injury. The only thing that concerns me is his build, he's only slight compared to some SL players.
proud_pie_eater

Re: Calvert rumour...

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I thought Dallas signed for two years last season (after saying he wanted to go home), I dont think he's out of contract just yet!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Rob,
I walked into my local in Leigh and after the jokes at my expense caused by our teams non performance the first question asked was re the Calvert rumour, so it's getting around here also.

We tried him once (I think you told me) but I must say the pace he showed in catching Brown was unbelieveable - Calderwood has no chance against this kid!!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I would like to see us sign this guy and get him some good coaching, hes got genuine out and out pace, somthing no other british winger can offer. Carney is fast, this guy is alot faster.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

ChrisA posted:
I would like to see us sign this guy and get him some good coaching, hes got genuine out and out pace, somthing no other british winger can offer. Carney is fast, this guy is alot faster.
don,t mention good coaching you know who will start giving off.btw i passed by football european b license today. look out paul jewel :D and my local football team won the irish league pity we don,t play league over here. my next game is the giants is the south stand still all ticket
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

wasnt he a junior at wigan????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Not that I know of, I remember him playing amateur a few seasons back against one of my locat sides, he played against Saddleworth Rangers and scored 5 tires in that match, even then his speed was unbelievable.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

One thing is though we'd have to give him a very good contract for him to leave Cumbria. He's probably earning £25k at Sellafield, then he gets his playing/winning bonuses on top of that. I'm told his girlfriend is pregnant too so it would be a massive leap for him to leave Whitehaven and probably make him less financially stable.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
One thing is though we'd have to give him a very good contract for him to leave Cumbria. He's probably earning £25k at Sellafield, then he gets his playing/winning bonuses on top of that. I'm told his girlfriend is pregnant too so it would be a massive leap for him to leave Whitehaven and probably make him less financially stable.
If his girlfriend is pregnant, he should be getting as far away from Sellafield as possible! :wink:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

:lol: :lol: