Re: CORAL NEW MAIN SPONSOR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Everybody has to be happy with this news surely ?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Not happy.

William Hill man myself. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Great news happy with that :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Thats better !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Any problem in France with this? Isn't gambling advertising illegal there?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Mike wrote:Any problem in France with this? Isn't gambling advertising illegal there?
It'll be like when we had Mecca Bingo and had a charity logo on the front for the Catalans away game, then auction the shirts off afterwards.

Decent deal for the club though.
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Excellent news, we have been crying out for ages for a large UK wide sponsor and not some here today gone tomorrow local firm.
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

Great news, at last a sponsor with a large UK base, should hopefully raise our profile even more. :D
No Money.... No Honey
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I can understand people being happy with the Coral sponsor,it will fit well on the shirt, and it's a recognisable name, but what is the real worth of the deal ?

I've a feeling the forum's positivety over securing a national brand, maybe outweighs the financial returns for the Club, from a purely business point of view.

Reading between the lines, it appears to be just a one year deal for the 2015 season only, and this is unusual for major sponsorships. It could mean it favours the company financially, more than the Club, just to secure the name of a 'brand'. It also means the Club will need to search for another Main Sponsor going forward.

Also I fail to see any details announced of the true £'s value of this deal, unless I've missed this somewhere ?
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Great news = sponsor

Bad news = Terrible blue logo across the chest like last year :-)

Can we find a sponsor with a logo that will blend nicely with the red and white :-)