opinions wanted

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldtimer

opinions wanted

Post by oldtimer »

is this the WORST wigan team you have ever watched? :eh:
GeoffN

Re: opinions wanted

Post by GeoffN »

oldtimer posted:
is this the WORST wigan team you have ever watched? :eh:
No, not by a long way.
heydude

Post by heydude »

yes it is but it is the youngest side i've ever watched too.
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Any of the teams from around the late 60's (when Ashton and Boston retired), all through the 70's, until Alex Murphy's arrival in the early 80's.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

i have been watching a while but cant place a worse all round side.what happened last night with our first try?the ref said he did not hear the message[from other officials] regarding the knock on.any one can get a scanner which picks up the officials talk.i have been a strong critic of refs in the past ,what was last nights refs name SIMPSON [think about it] :blush:
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Even goodway had us playing better, he did have alot more experience though than what we have now. He still had Jason Robinson Farrel, Connolly to name but a few, and Henry Paul I think, was it Goodway who let him go in favour of getting in Greg Florimo ? that has to be the single most dumbest thing ive ever seen at this club. At least Farrel wanted to go, Henry Paul didnt.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Not the worst team, I watched them go down into the then second division, that was a bad team. This is the worst for a long time though, they seem to make such schoolboy errors and yes I know we have a lot of young players but schoolboys they aren’t. Never mind we’ll just have to give the rose coloured specs a good clean and keep telling ourselves this team can only get better. It was John Monie who got rid of the last decent stand off we had Henry Paul, he just didn’t like the lad because he could have played for the newly formed Auckland Warriors but Monie swapped him for an aging Andy Platt. At least we did make good signing decisions once.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

oldtimer posted:
i have been watching a while but cant place a worse all round side.what happened last night with our first try?the ref said he did not hear the message[from other officials] regarding the knock on.any one can get a scanner which picks up the officials talk.i have been a strong critic of refs in the past ,what was last nights refs name SIMPSON [think about it] :blush:
Dunno about that one, but for their "knock-on" try, the TJ stood by the touchline, about 2 feet short of the line, indicating that he thought it wasn't a try. He was overruled by Kirkpatrick.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

It was my undestandng that Wigan renaged on an increased conract offer that was the deciding factor in HP leaving.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

It was my undestandng that Wigan renaged on an increased conract offer that was the deciding factor in HP leaving.