Scott Taylor to Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Scott Taylor to Salford

Post by josie andrews »

HULL FC target Scott Taylor is set to be announced as a Salford Red Devils player today.

The Mail understands Taylor has agreed a one-year loan move from Wigan Warriors to the AJ Bell Stadium, but as previously revealed by the Mail he will be a Hull player in 2016.

FC had hoped to get Taylor in for the new campaign, but after Wigan dug their heels in regarding allowing him to leave, Hull spent their salary cap elsewhere and are now planning on welcoming him to the KC in 2016.

The 23-year-old forward is expected to sign a long-term deal at FC in a move which will be announced next year.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Scott-Ta ... J2HuPkn3
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Scott Taylor to Salford

Post by josie andrews »

Red Devils Sign Young Prop Taylor

The Red Devils have today signed Scott Taylor on a one year deal from Wigan Warriors for 2015.

The 23-year-old prop began his playing career at Hull Kingston Rovers progressing through the reserve grade to make his First Team debut at the end of 2009 against Leeds Rhinos and is one of the most promising young English props in the game.

He won Hull KR’s Young Player of the Year award in 2010 and continued to make regular appearances for the first team in 2011 and 2012.

In 2013, Scott joined Wigan on a two year contract with an option for 2015 and played in both the Challenge Cup Final and Grand Final.

He has also represented England Knights in Internationals against Scotland and Ireland in 2012 and again in 2013 against Samoa in a pre-World cup warm-up fixture.

Salford Red Devils Head Coach, has welcomed Taylor

“We are delighted to have signed Scott Taylor on loan for 2015, it’ll be great to be working with him again.

“He has a fantastic temperament and has great potential to go far in the game. At 23, he has a wealth of Super League experience, including Challenge Cup and Grand Final appearances, so he brings a lot to the team.

“When I first heard that I had another opportunity to work with Scott I was overjoyed and I think he’ll be the final piece of the jigsaw for our 2015 Season.”

http://www.thereddevils.net/news/rugby- ... p-taylor/?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

That will teach him, have a nice medicre career, you could have had it all at Wigan, oh well at least you'll be back in Hull :angry:
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

So is this a permanent move or a loan deal?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

What a silly boy! Off (eventually) to be a big fish in a very small pond. What would he do if the NRL came calling?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

What a strange boy!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Just read on the website it's a permanent deal. We have got an undisclosed fee for him which is good. Don't think Salford is that much closer to Hull though! Odd. Very odd.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Scott Taylor Joins Salford

Wigan Warriors today announce that Prop Forward Scott Taylor is to leave the Club with immediate effect and will join Salford Red Devils for an undisclosed fee.

Speaking about the news, Chairman Ian Lenagan said:

"We can confirm that Scott is leaving the Wigan Club to join Salford Red Devils on a 12 months Contract as replacement for his final contracted year at Wigan. We have been speaking with the player for several months after he made it clear that he wanted to leave, preferably a year earlier than contracted, to return to the Hull area for family reasons.

Scott has improved as a player under the Wigan system and is a good Prop Forward but his desire to be elsewhere has become, and remains, a significant distraction to team spirit and to his own performance.

"With Lee Mossop recently returning to the Club and an array of quality Prop Forwards now at our disposal, we are confident in the squad we have for the 2015 season. We have been able to negotiate a satisfactory transfer fee for a player who would otherwise have left for nothing in 12 months' time.

"We have worked well with Marwan Koukash at Salford to achieve a mutually satisfactory conclusion to this difficult matter and wish Scott Taylor well".

Head Coach Shaun Wane said:

"Scott expressed a desire to leave and whilst we made great efforts to help him change his approach his understandable need to meet his family obligations has remained the major factor in his decision.

"The arrival of additional good players at Wigan through some excellent recruitment has meant we can now allow him to leave.

"It is a pity to lose a player of Scott's potential calibre early. He has really developed well in our system and he has done a great job for us but I am really happy with the make-up of my squad for next season as we look to go one step further at Old Trafford next October."

Rugby General Manager Kris Radlinski said:

"Scott originally expressed a desire to leave half way through last season because he and his partner missed their families and had struggled to settle in Wigan. I knew, through some deep subsequent conversations that he had his heart set on moving home as early as possible. Since squad planning at Wigan is medium and long-term, I had to put the Club first and secured Scott for 2015. However, I told him that if our position were to change then we would grant him an early release.

"Now, being in a strong position with the recruitment of Larne Patrick, Taulima Tautai and Lee Mossop and the return of James Greenwood, it was felt that the best thing for Wigan would be to allow Scott to leave."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... oMDIXiG.99
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

He was brilliant when he trundled the ball and gained and extra 5 yards with his gangly frame and strength but apart from that i dotn think we will miss him too much. Mossop injury free is a much better prop!
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

He was a good player but far from great and I don't think he ever will be now. Basically he wanted to leave and go home but Wane didn't want a wimp around the club for another year, good riddance.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett