CONVICTED RAPIST

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
menpond

CONVICTED RAPIST

Post by menpond »

Would We want an existing player back after serving his time in prison?Especially if he claimed he had not had a fair trial,and so would not apologise. For me Iwould say yes.?
mp
yokozuna

Re: CONVICTED RAPIST

Post by yokozuna »

No, I wouldn't employ a convicted rapist. I hope the club wouldn't either.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

A post to far, the ignore function has been used
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Very difficult scenario. Served his time etc. but I can fully understand why people / businesses would not want any association.
doc

Post by doc »

This is a difficult one. If the bloke held his hand up and said fair enough I'm guilty then I wouldn't want them back at Wigan. However I do feel that they should be allowed to resume their career as part of their rehabilitation.

The Evans case is a bit more complex. He pleaded innocent at the trial, maintained his innocent plea throughout his sentence (possibly increasing the amount of time he served) and after being released on parole is still appealing when some people would have put it down to experience, even if they were innocent. I think he really does believe that consent was given and that the woman lied to police to protect her reputation. I guess we will have to wait till the appeal goes to court and see what happens.

If a Wigan player was in Evans position I think he should be given a fair crack of the whip until the appeal is heard. The problem is the bad publicity that would go with this stance. The expedient way to deal with the matter would to loan them out.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Very difficult case and if he is unable to get a job, what is the alternative for him. A life on benefits off the state at the expense of tax payers or drift into a life of other crimes.

And it should also be remembered that there are others in football who have got away with the same offence.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Very difficult case and if he is unable to get a job, what is the alternative for him. A life on benefits off the state at the expense of tax payers or drift into a life of other crimes.

And it should also be remembered that there are others in football who have got away with the same offence.
Maybe you could find him a job, you seem to be concerned about, whether he is guilty or not is something only him and the victim know, as far as the law is concerned he is guilty therefore in my eyes he is scumbag piece of shite who doesn't deserve any rights, if he wants to work then let him be a bin man, he should be used to being around garbage
menpond

Post by menpond »

There have been an awful lot of innocent people put in prison in my lifetime. Some of them fitted up by the establishment,so knowingly locked away because it suited them. There but for the grace of god.
mp
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It is a tricky one maybe it's just me but I am always wary of rape claims against pro footballers and sportsmen, not so long back if you remember there was a bunch of Huddersfield players implicated in a rape claim but the charges were quickly dropped and it turned out it was a woman trying to protect herself.

I don't know the ins and outs of the case I believe there was cctv of them both entering a hotel of free will.

That said he has been found guilty so there must of been something to charge him on, I would not want a convicted rapist at Wigan ever, I know he has served his time but I think it's about more than that and I would hope that Wigan would take into account the image of the club.

If he is a rapist in my opinion you can never serve your time for that it's a horrific crime and deserves much harsher sentences sadly you're more likely to get a bigger sentence for calling someone a rude name on Twitter

I would also like to see harsh punishments for proven false claims
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Very difficult case and if he is unable to get a job, what is the alternative for him. A life on benefits off the state at the expense of tax payers or drift into a life of other crimes.

Maybe you could find him a job, you seem to be concerned about, whether he is guilty or not is something only him and the victim know, as far as the law is concerned he is guilty therefore in my eyes he is scumbag piece of shite who doesn't deserve any rights, if he wants to work then let him be a bin man, he should be used to being around garbage
....and OJ Simpson was innocent!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett