another wigan player

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

another wigan player

Post by heydude »

phil jones just had a great game for leigh got man of the match (thought john wilshere should of had it) and score a hat trick could of been a great stand off for wigan but like another thing we let him go.
don't eat yellow snow
we_need_a_coach

Re: another wigan player

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Another great feat of Doris !
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

heydude posted:
phil jones just had a great game for leigh got man of the match (thought john wilshere should of had it) and score a hat trick could of been a great stand off for wigan but like another thing we let him go.
Jones had one good game for Wigan and did nothing else. He was rubbish.

To imply this is "another" who got away has got to be a troll.

And as you you wnac, joining in and saying it was another mistake by Mo is equally nonsensical.

Dave
mario

Post by mario »

DaveO posted:
heydude posted:

And as you you wnac, joining in and saying it was another mistake by Mo is equally nonsensical.

Dave
He had lots of good games and the game you are on about is probably when he scored a hatrick against Castleford and played brilliant! He got dropped the next game because Johns was back from injury and like all of Mos' big signings they can't be dropped no matter how bad they are playing!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:
DaveO posted:
heydude posted:

Dave
He had lots of good games and the game you are on about is probably when he scored a hatrick against Castleford and played brilliant! He got dropped the next game because Johns was back from injury and like all of Mos' big signings they can't be dropped no matter how bad they are playing!
I am sorry but Jones did NOT have lots of good games for Wigan. Yes he scored a hat trick against Cas and he had a run in the team at one stage as weell and he just did nothing.

Dave
mario

Post by mario »

Did Johns play better than him? or should we have sent him to Orrell?
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

DaveO posted:
mario posted:
DaveO posted: Jones had one good game for Wigan and did nothing else. He was rubbish.

Dave
I am sorry but Jones did NOT have lots of good games for Wigan. Yes he scored a hat trick against Cas and he had a run in the team at one stage as weell and he just did nothing.

Dave
I'm Sorry to Dave because your talking rubbish mate,Jones had quite a few good games for Wigan I remember them very well I also remember him when he played at Chorley and quite a few people said then he was playing in the wrong league,and I think at one point when he was at Chorley he finished up being the top points scorer for the season!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:
Did Johns play better than him? or should we have sent him to Orrell?
If you care to look up Jones statistics on this site you will find he only made nine SL starts and 6 sub appearances in his entire Wigan career from 1999 to 2002. How anyone can say he had a lot of good games for Wigan I don't know.

And as to Johns yes he did play better than him when not injured. He career here was ruined by injury and it just didn't work out. When he was fit he had more talent in his little finger than Jones.

Dave
heydude

Post by heydude »

thank you mario i think he has been one of our better stand offs in recent seasons can you argue with that one daveo and the stinkers he did have was when he was put on the wing and couldn't catch the high kicks (deja vu) but i can remember him having good games at stand off.
don't eat yellow snow
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

chorleywarrior posted:
I'm Sorry to Dave because your talking rubbish mate,Jones had quite a few good games for Wigan
He played very few games for the club in his entire Wigan career never mond good ones.

Dave