Out Sung Again By A Taxi Full Of Away Fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Black Pearl

Out Sung Again By A Taxi Full Of Away Fans

Post by The Black Pearl »

I brought the topic up afetr round one of Super League and I thought that little old me could make a difference well I've failed. Once again we were out sung by the away team. In the hour of need that we are in at the minute the lads need all the help they can get. I went to Bradford and away we seem to sing but at home it's almost appauling. But at least people didn't leave 20 minutes early this week. I heard the Leigh fans on sky and they were tremendous. Come on sing your hearts out for the boys.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
heydude

Re: Out Sing Again By A Taxi F...

Post by heydude »

true notice this myself seem to be louder away than at home i was shouting my bo****ks off yesterday to them to help but just felt a bit lonely because it was only a few pockets of fans doing it.
don't eat yellow snow
we_need_a_coach

Re: Out Sing Again By A Ta...

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Perhaps, just perhaps, the majority of Wiganers just ar'nt happy beating 2nd bottom by 1 point ! No matter what you and your cohorts post on this site !!! Open your eyes, this situation is not acceptable !!!

:angry: :angry:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

:eusa2:
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

the position has nothing to do with it, what matters is the game there playing people are watching. I was there because i was working but the team needs support EVERY game not just when where up the the top of the table, a team will play better with support from their fans, people who only sing and cheer when our league position is good might as well be glory hunters and only go the game when in their opinion the team is doing well
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

WiganWarrior posted:
the position has nothing to do with it, what matters is the game there playing people are watching. I was there because i was working but the team needs support EVERY game not just when where up the the top of the table, a team will play better with support from their fans, people who only sing and cheer when our league position is good might as well be glory hunters and only go the game when in their opinion the team is doing well
:angry: I did'nt mention position, your making that one up, I said "beating 2nd bottom by 1 point" people just wont accept that !!!

:angry: :angry:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

We have never been big singing supporters. Even in the glory days we only ever chanted "Wigan, Wigan" when we were defending our own line.

Didn't seem to be a problem when we had a good team and coach...

Didn't seem to be a problem in Brisbane when we beat the Broncos....
The Black Pearl

Thanks for those words of wisdom. Well it's about time we changed it's the old question, does the crowd make the team play better or do they need the team to get them singing. Look inside yourself can we the fans do any more can we get that extra little bit out of the team. My opinion is that it must be fantastic to play when the crowd are vocal and the oppostion can't even think because they can't hear. It must be pretty hard for the team when the crowd stay silent. Top to bottom ever home game should be met with the same vocal support. Maybe our past glories have made us this quiet but those days are at this moment in time, a pretty distant memory. Lets get behind the lads. I don't want to be a supporter who only sings when we're winning
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

well done black pearl you got jj and wnac .just missed out on the hat trick but i,m sure dod will have some negative comment to make
The Black Pearl

Thanks for those kind words Waterside. Who was the hat trick. :D