A British signing ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: A British signing ??

Post by ian.birchall »

Robjoenz, if any Government wants to meet the crazy Kyoto limits agreed by 2 Jags we will have to have new nuclear power stations which of course generate zero CO2, sorry cannot make that a small 2, unless the rest of us have to go back to water mills and wicker basket making.
On a more relevent note I am getting distraught at the mediocrity of the names being thrown up by many contributors as to who we should sign from the British game, apart from Gleeson none of the others would improve on what we have now, perhaps Long, you are pressing Calvert, Wigan released him once so very unlikely to admit they were wrong then I would think, we must be the club with the smallest number of non GB qualified staff, I might have to go back to watching Lancashire CCC.
Anyway, if we are moving out of Wigan lets move to Huddersfield, much more convenient :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

robjoenz posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Cummings!! Cum on :)

To coin a phrase "older than a conker tree"
He's only 28, small conker tree!
Yeh I know he's not ancient but he's been around ages and was always regarded s average (no rep calls)and was mimicking jj's response to transfer matters
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

A different thread was talking of a replacement stand-off and my choice would be Sinfield.

As a player, captain and goalkicker would be just what the dr. ordered.

Not a chance though now as he is fulfilling all these rolls with the best in the UK at the mo, and collecting winning medals
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Doveoverdave posted:
Yeh I know he's not ancient but he's been around ages and was always regarded s average (no rep calls)and was mimicking jj's response to transfer matters
Doesn't he hold the record for the most consecutive SL games played in? It doesn't sound like a bad record to have.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Robjoenz, my neighbour John Atkinson does not have a very good opinion of Cummins or anyone else who has very long appearance records, he puts it down to not being committed enough to be in the game and get an injury :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

robjoenz posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Doesn't he hold the record for the most consecutive SL games played in? It doesn't sound like a bad record to have.
Possibly so.
But he could never make the county squads when he was a Leeds stalwart. Was shown the bench as soon as Tony Smith arrived and has now dropped thru the ranks at Leeds.
Leave him alone we've enough deadwood as it is.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

ian.birchall posted:
Robjoenz, my neighbour John Atkinson does not have a very good opinion of Cummins or anyone else who has very long appearance records, he puts it down to not being committed enough to be in the game and get an injury :exc:
Utter tripe :D :D
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Utter tripe :D :D
Sounds like Atkinson should have worn a head protector
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

He did . It had a flashing blue light on :D :)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
Does that mean you originate from Berkeley or Harwell way then? The country will need more power stations sooner or later!

Unfortunately that power source has yet to be tapped, but I'm sure when it does our Mike will make a killing with this messageboard! :D
Heysham I and II power stations were my local landmarks, although thinking about it, they didn't finish #1 until a few years after I was born (why #2 was finished first, I don't know, but anyway...). As for the power issue, perhaps there are other ways of saving power. My PC in my flat requires 5 seperate power supplies to keep itself and add-on bits connected. Everything PC-based seems to need more and more power, on top of the larger-than-standard power supply I had fitted to the PC itself after the old unit burned out. Even my joystick has a mains powerpack for the force-feedback functionality, not that I've got time for playing games very much but it happens occasionally. Most of the time I forget and leave it all on standby instead of switching off at the mains. Were I to be a bit more careful, I could save quite a bit of electricity by switching all this stuff off, and I doubt my situation is unusual. Most people (apart from me, it seems) have televisions, vcr's and dvd players that are left on standby instead of being switched off, along with other stuff that's draining power even when it's not actually switched on. If we all made an effort to switch off things that are not being used, we'd make a bit of an impact on the amount of electricity being wasted. Less waste = less need for power = less urgent requirement for new power stations.

Saying that, the old nuclear stations are reaching the end of their lives so I guess will need replacing. But did the country come up with a way to safely decommission these things, or are we assuming all the waste will go to Sellafield to be reprocessed over a period of a few hundred years? And is that very long decommissioning time really worth it for power stations that have only got an operating life of about 40 years?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]