Dissapointed people at xmas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Dissapointed people at xmas

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

I think there will be a few disappointed fans this xmas with the new shirts not going on sale till 19th and the last posting date is 20th
Think this is a bit of bad management on the part of the commercial side IMHO. Most other clubs have been out weeks.
sc74

Re: Dissapointed people at xmas

Post by sc74 »

Not very good. How can a business that relies on shirt sales not have got this sorted out in good time?
They love the old razamataz of the launches, the suspense and the teasing, and then you might not be able to buy them in good time for Christmas!
Perhaps the club have been otherwise distracted :conf:
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

I think the club assume that every Wigan supporter lives in the town. :angry:
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Yeah.
But even so, many families like to have Christmas shopping well under way by the week before Christmas, don't they?
Look around the high streets and internet now, everything is out there and ready to buy.
Cannot for the life of me think that this was an intentional sales strategy.
Just had a look at the Store on the website, pitiful really. You can buy a pair of socks now (junior/adult), away socks (junior/large) with no picture :lol: , academy shirts (junior/large) and then in the Christmas section - knock yourself out with a 'onesie' (junior/large), socks, a robin, Christmas card, calendar and a snowflake tree decoration.
If that's the best they can do by December 5th, then it's embarrassing.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Any different than Salford under Koucash also only getting a last minute main sponsorship deal with Virgin Trains?
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

A shirt is for life(if only), not just for Christmas.
Don't tell the dogs, they will get jealous.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Any different than Salford under Koucash also only getting a last minute main sponsorship deal with Virgin Trains?
I don't know, what do you mean? Isn't that just a general club sponsorship, signed on 20th November?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Any different than Salford under Koucash also only getting a last minute main sponsorship deal with Virgin Trains?
I don't know, what do you mean? Isn't that just a general club sponsorship, signed on 20th November?
I meant that Salford are no different to Wigan in being late in producing new clothing etc for Christmas and making the point that Koucash being a successful business man would like Wigan done the sponsorship deals sooner.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

WW, still don't get what your saying.
According to their website, their shirt sponsor is Lowry Outlet and delivery to the club is December 10th.
What's this got to do with a deal with Virgin Trains?
Should Wigan be comfortable taking solace with what Salford are doing?
And regards to him being a successful businessman, he does have a track record - the Brian Noble/IH & IH/Ellery Hanley debacles, over paying for players, expecting to be competing for honours in their first full season, to name a few.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Remeber.

A Wigan Rugby Shirt is not just for Christmas.