Three Man Consortium

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dreamer

Re: Three Man Consortium

Post by Dreamer »

is john martin the guy who sang a bit at the riverside?

serious question this... :(
maurice lindsay is a pixie
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Yes Dreamer he is the guy that sang a bit at the riverside and i also believe he is niel cowies father in law, there ya go an extra bit of useless information for ya
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

shit....he'll hav um coming out in leotards with denis singing....i remember him singing, he was crap :lol:
maurice lindsay is a pixie
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Latics have very poor crowds, don’t they give the biggest side of the stadium ( east ) to the away fans ? DW must know that joining in the prem means putting ticket prices up nearly double, this will counter the attraction of big clubs playing at the JJB. They will need to spend millions in new signings to stay up and ultimately Latics have a 75% chance of dropping back down…….big clubs then pick out the best players and buy them. DW knows the Prem can be a costly gamble and needs the income that WE give him to protect his money ! :angry:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

I'll buy us!!! What have a got in my pocket... £5.16..think thats enough? Mite have to go to the bank!!! :wink:
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

The Black Pearl posted:
What's the gossip on any new grounds. Please don't say we're going to share with Leigh. This cannot happen it'll be sharing with St-Helens next.
See elsewhere for my comments about sharing with Leigh. Realistically, if we have to share, the only places are the JJB and the Reebok. No-one would consider downsizing the crowds below their current levels (current average 15k, Leigh's new stadium 12k), that's just stupidity. Since KR only holds about 15k then that's not a sensible option either. Lots of doom-mongering and not a lot of logical thinking going on.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

x Wigan Warrior x posted:
Latics have very poor crowds, don’t they give the biggest side of the stadium ( east ) to the away fans ? DW must know that joining in the prem means putting ticket prices up nearly double, this will counter the attraction of big clubs playing at the JJB. They will need to spend millions in new signings to stay up and ultimately Latics have a 75% chance of dropping back down…….big clubs then pick out the best players and buy them. DW knows the Prem can be a costly gamble and needs the income that WE give him to protect his money ! :angry:
:conf: Latics have poor crowds, where did you get that from ? That might have been true a couple of years ago but not now, ok they get some low gates but so do we, like this friday.

I have read their average is now somewhere upto the 12500 mark, and in last weeks Express DW was talking about 13 out of the 18 home games in the prem next year being sellouts. they are expecting 20000 + this saturday.

IMO DW is going to gamble everything for his Premiership dream, only time will tell, and IMO not much time !!!!

:angry:
mario

Post by mario »

Latics average is 11195. Thats having played against Leeds , Sunderland, West Ham and several more well supported teams!
Not many teams in the premiership have better away support than the above 3.
They might sell out one game against Man U, but as Blackburn could only get 26000 against them i doubt it.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Man U & Man C are all closer to Wigan than Leeds, Sunderland & West Ham. Possibly with Blackburn excluded, they will all bring more support to the JJB
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( I was listening to one of the radio station that have sporting discussions all night, can't remember which one, GMR, Century, Talk Sport ?
But they where discussing Premiership football grounds, and on reason was give against ground share, was that SKY liked to dictate match days and times of kick off, which can prove difficult if more than one team plays at the same ground, the other was quality of the playing surface, i think they said this was a EUAFA ruling or somate.

IMO I still think we could be on the move !!

:angry: