Three Man Consortium

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Black Pearl

Re: Three Man Consortium

Post by The Black Pearl »

Chris thanks for that. I heard that the deal was done on Saturday. Can't really divulge my source but it's pretty good. I think Doris is off at the end of the season to take up a place on the NRL's board, probably a stop gap until the Gold Coast Dolphins make their debut in the NRL.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:
The 25004 attendance against Saints was'nt a one off, it will become the norm for big games and not just against Saints over the next few seasons.
That is a very good point and is one reason I don't want the club to move from the JJB.

It would put an end to crowds like that. There seem to be two types of stadia built these days. Like the JJB, 25,000 capacity and up basedon that design.

Then there is the sort you get from Ikea in a flat pack that hold about 15,000 and look like a gust of wind will blow them down - like Warringtons.

That sort of stadium is not suitable for Wigan.

Any takeover that inolves us moving would involve a move to smaller ground as the council will not allow another 25,000 seater stadium to be built in Wigan.

Dave

we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

DaveO posted:
mario posted:
The 25004 attendance against Saints was'nt a one off, it will become the norm for big games and not just against Saints over the next few seasons.
That is a very good point and is one reason I don't want the club to move from the JJB.

It would put an end to crowds like that. There seem to be two types of stadia built these days. Like the JJB, 25,000 capacity and up basedon that design.

Then there is the sort you get from Ikea in a flat pack that hold about 15,000 and look like a gust of wind will blow them down - like Warringtons.

That sort of stadium is not suitable for Wigan.

Any takeover that inolves us moving would involve a move to smaller ground as the council will not allow another 25,000 seater stadium to be built in Wigan.

Dave
:angry: I know some people see me as a scare mongerer, and negative, but I have been banging on about this for ages. DW wants to concentrate on Premiership football, he has said so in the past, his only reason for selling us is to make way for Prem football at the JJB, he will make little from the sale, and I believe IMO he will give back to the club any money he makes, DW has no axe to grind with the Warriors, although a lot of our supporters have never given him any credit for waht he did when he first came in, don't forget, Robinson and Rathbone had already sold central Park by then, and used the money for ?????

The only possible reason for our sale would be because Doris is about to leave, DW does'nt want to run the club himself, he's made that clear over the past few years, and to make the JJB a football only stadium !!

There will be no mare stadia in Wigan, the council have already made that clear, but the Warriors IMO, and from what I have heard, have been offered the chance to share with Leigh, and as part of the deal with the new consortium, they would have to accept this !

Not only IMO de we need a coach, and a chairman, and a benefactor, we also need a ground, this is becoming serious, and because of our poor form and low performance levels, IMO DW and Doris will accept the first real offer they get !!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Ron

Post by Ron »

See back page of tonight's Wigan Evening News. Maybe this gives us the answer as to what has been going wrong with our team. Whelan has almost got what he wants. Maybe this has been his long term strategy - piggyback on the rugby team then sell them out!!! :angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
The only possible reason for our sale would be because Doris is about to leave, DW does'nt want to run the club himself, he's made that clear over the past few years, and to make the JJB a football only stadium !!
I see no logic from Dave Whelans point of view in the football only idea for the JJB. Whelan makes money out of the Warriors use of the stadium.

He does not have to own them to continure to do that.

If Mo leaves DW could appoint someone else to run the club, Dean Bell for example or someone we don't even know about.

If he sells the club, then again it does not follow that a condition of the sale is that the club moves out. Indeed it might be a condition that they stay put to guarentee the current revenue.
There will be no mare stadia in Wigan, the council have already made that clear, but the Warriors IMO, and from what I have heard, have been offered the chance to share with Leigh, and as part of the deal with the new consortium, they would have to accept this ![/quote

And why would they have to accept it? Who offered them the chance to share with Leigh? Who was the offer of the share with Leigh made to? Those currently running the club or these mysterious bidders?
Not only IMO de we need a coach, and a chairman, and a benefactor, we also need a ground, this is becoming serious, and because of our poor form and low performance levels, IMO DW and Doris will accept the first real offer they get !!!!!
Performance has got nothing to do with it. A poor run isn't reason to sell out so as far as that comment goes I think you are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Dave
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

DaveO posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
I see no logic from Dave Whelans point of view in the football only idea for the JJB. Whelan makes money out of the Warriors use of the stadium.

He does not have to own them to continure to do that.

If Mo leaves DW could appoint someone else to run the club, Dean Bell for example or someone we don't even know about.

If he sells the club, then again it does not follow that a condition of the sale is that the club moves out. Indeed it might be a condition that they stay put to guarentee the current revenue.
There will be no mare stadia in Wigan, the council have already made that clear, but the Warriors IMO, and from what I have heard, have been offered the chance to share with Leigh, and as part of the deal with the new consortium, they would have to accept this ![/quote

And why would they have to accept it? Who offered them the chance to share with Leigh? Who was the offer of the share with Leigh made to? Those currently running the club or these mysterious bidders?
Performance has got nothing to do with it. A poor run isn't reason to sell out so as far as that comment goes I think you are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Dave
:( DaveO I usually totally agree with your posts, but, in the case of profits from both team, this does'nt matter to the stadium co, as both teams pay per spectator thro the gates, and unfortunately I think you'll find that because the football play more matches and have had a major increase in crowds, they contribute far more to the stadium co than we do.
And next season if they are promoted they could possibly have 20 - 25 matches with 25000 or near !
IMO this is the reason we are being sold, Doris will be in Australia by this time next year, that then sevours any loyalty links DW would have with us.
I just can't see any other reason to sell us other than to get us out of the stadium, there's just no other reason, unless he's just fed up with RL.

:angry: :angry:
mario

Post by mario »

WNAC
You havent told us how Latics are going to make a profit in the premiership, when only Man utd can at the moment. Even though Latics played far more games than Warriors last season they still brought less through the turnstiles than us, and our attendances are up 25% this season.
If they do get promoted which i doubt, they might get one sell out against Man U !
Have a look at poor supported clubs in the premiership who still have more support than Latics.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( DaveO I usually totally agree with your posts, but, in the case of profits from both team, this does'nt matter to the stadium co, as both teams pay per spectator thro the gates, and unfortunately I think you'll find that because the football play more matches and have had a major increase in crowds, they contribute far more to the stadium co than we do.
And next season if they are promoted they could possibly have 20 - 25 matches with 25000 or near !
IMO this is the reason we are being sold, Doris will be in Australia by this time next year, that then sevours any loyalty links DW would have with us.
I just can't see any other reason to sell us other than to get us out of the stadium, there's just no other reason, unless he's just fed up with RL.
The fact they will get increased crowds is not a reason to ignore and average gate of 13,000+ for the RL.

Any company that spurned that sort of revenue would be chucking away money. Shareholders (and DW) tend not to like that. If they can get an average of 18,000 for the football (a realistic figure I think) and 13,000 for the RL they will take it over just 18,000 for the football.

Dave
warrior4life

Post by warrior4life »

i had heard john matin will take over the day latics go up its all done and dusted :(
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

What's the gossip on any new grounds. Please don't say we're going to share with Leigh. This cannot happen it'll be sharing with St-Helens next.
Pain is temporary pride is forever