Three Man Consortium

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Black Pearl

Three Man Consortium

Post by The Black Pearl »

Has anybody else heard the alleged rumour that a three man consortium is to buy the current owner out and ultimately buy Wigan Rugby League. I have heard that the deal went through yesterday. Am I the only one who has heard this. I have also heard this could end our tenure at the JJB. Please respond if anybody knows any more.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
mike binder

Re: Three Man Consortium

Post by mike binder »

The Black Pearl posted:
Has anybody else heard the alleged rumour that a three man consortium is to buy the current owner out and ultimately buy Wigan Rugby League. I have heard that the deal went through yesterday. Am I the only one who has heard this. I have also heard this could end our tenure at the JJB. Please respond if anybody knows any more.
no whelan had asked 4 the bid in writing on thursday but thats all i know
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Mike do you know anything about the possibility of a move from the JJB. I heard that a new site for a stadium has been looked at.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sorry don't know anything
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

If this is true you can all apologise to wnac if you are big enough
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( We will all suffer when this deal is completed, and it may not be in the immediate future, but as reported about a month ago in various nationals, it will happen, apathy within our support base has meant nothing more has been highlighted in our local rags.
I for one have written letters and sent faxes and e-mails on the topic to several officials / newspapers, without a reply !

There has been a lot of tosh written regarding the stadium and leases, a number of posters seem to think that the Warriors own a 99 yr lease on the JJB, this is not so and has been stated at various times by the Warriors and the Latics.
Whelco own the JJB Stadium company. as such they rent out the ground to both clubs, this agreement (after the 5 year lottrey fund agreement) can be terminated.

There are in fact 3 consortiums in some sort of negotiation with DW, but he has said no decsision will be made until after the Latics future has been decided !!
Now that says to me : I will dabble with the Warriors untill the Premiership is a reality then.... out you go I will need the stadium and all my resources for the football.

Now if thwat is acceptable to the majority of fans ??? but it is'nt to me, we deserve to know what will happen to us, my latest snippet / rumour suggests that we will in fact move in and share the New Leigh stadium, which is being part funded by Central council funding !!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
mario

Post by mario »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( We will all suffer when this deal is completed, and it may not be in the immediate future, but as reported about a month ago in various nationals, it will happen, apathy within our support base has meant nothing more has been highlighted in our local rags.
I for one have written letters and sent faxes and e-mails on the topic to several officials / newspapers, without a reply !

There has been a lot of tosh written regarding the stadium and leases, a number of posters seem to think that the Warriors own a 99 yr lease on the JJB, this is not so and has been stated at various times by the Warriors and the Latics.
Whelco own the JJB Stadium company. as such they rent out the ground to both clubs, this agreement (after the 5 year lottrey fund agreement) can be terminated.

There are in fact 3 consortiums in some sort of negotiation with DW, but he has said no decsision will be made until after the Latics future has been decided !!
Now that says to me : I will dabble with the Warriors untill the Premiership is a reality then.... out you go I will need the stadium and all my resources for the football.

Now if thwat is acceptable to the majority of fans ??? but it is'nt to me, we deserve to know what will happen to us, my latest snippet / rumour suggests that we will in fact move in and share the New Leigh stadium, which is being part funded by Central council funding !!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
The sooner we have new owners the better!
As somebody posted earlier, who will buy the Warriors without a suitable ground to play at?
The 25004 attendance against Saints was'nt a one off, it will become the norm for big games and not just against Saints over the next few seasons.
Dave whelan cannot afford to have just Latics playing at the JJB.
Only Manchester United make a profit in the premiership, what makes you think Latics will make a profit as the worst supported club in the premiership?
mario

Post by mario »

P.S Latics arnt up yet. I still expect them to blow it on saturday.
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

The Black Pearl posted:
Heard in West stand on friday that Mo was about to resign and John Martin and Jack Hilton's son were taking over. That's only 2 though not 3 and I don't even know if Jack Hilton had a son, so don't shoot the messenger!!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Read this, its true that theres people interested.

http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... ID=1014997