IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WHO WUD IT BE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chorleywarrior

Re: IF WE GOT A NEW COACH ...

Post by chorleywarrior »

Yes,thats exactly what I'm saying and that idiot Lindsay should go with him!!!!! :angry:
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

WNAC said that Betts has 'had his chance'??? Youths dont just develop overnight, even quality coaches will take time to create an excellent side when faced with a player situation like ours. And when you think about it he's not had that long as (acting) head coach. What experience in coaching did our old m8 Adrian Lam have, and he's doing a fantasic job with our U21's. Life is tough in Superleague, but Betts will come through...so if you cant suggest someone better (WNAC) change your name to INAB (I need a brain) :D kidding. :D
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
heydude

Post by heydude »

HappyHooker posted:
WNAC said that Betts has 'had his chance'??? Youths dont just develop overnight, even quality coaches will take time to create an excellent side when faced with a player situation like ours. And when you think about it he's not had that long as (acting) head coach. What experience in coaching did our old m8 Adrian Lam have, and he's doing a fantasic job with our U21's. Life is tough in Superleague, but Betts will come through...so if you cant suggest someone better (WNAC) change your name to INAB (I need a brain) :D kidding. :D
happyhooker your new to this message board after a while you won't be kidding about him changing his name to i need a brain honestly.
don't eat yellow snow
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Betts has gone professional coaching within 12months of leaving the club, this is a big ask for anyone as he was only assistant coach for a short time, he was thrown in at the deep end and is doing the best he can with the team we have at the moment, there is only one person running this club and it isnt Mo, even though that may surprise WNAC, betts contract is up at the end of the season and its looking very doubtful he'll get another, i think this has been the easiest way round to bring anderson and farrar into the club and not be paying off betts and gregory at the same time.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Probably I'm biased. Ellery Hanley???
Pain is temporary pride is forever
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Brian Smith may be tempted by an offer 'cos his Eels are having it tough at the mo.

Good pedigree, as regards getting teams competitive, but has a woeful record of landing trophies.

His name always springs to mind.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Would Betts stay on to continue learning his trade, or would his pride make him leave if and when a new head coach is appointed?

Personally, I would rather he stayed.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

No really don't fancy Ellery at Wigan.

Not currant in the game and badly blotted his record at Cas. He saw what he had to work with there and scarpered after 6 weeks or so.

primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

mrs_carney posted:
most probably chris anderson
Easily the most sensible suggestion
:eusa2:
When might you think Denis could be replaced?

If Wigan get beat against UTC then I think he'll not see the next morning out, otherwise as long as your still in the CC I predict a round 23 exit for Denis.
:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I predict an end of season departure, out of contract and so we wont be paying 2 coaches
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3