IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WHO WUD IT BE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: IF WE GOT A NEW COACH ...

Post by Doveoverdave »

A good cup run (semi or finalist), make the six.

Remarkable recovery by Lockers & Hock, win a couple off play off games and hey presto Betts has a new contract.

Stranger things have happened :sly:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Doveoverdave posted:
A good cup run (semi or finalist), make the six.

Remarkable recovery by Lockers & Hock, win a couple off play off games and hey presto Betts has a new contract.

Stranger things have happened :sly:
Miracles dont tend to happen in wigan......although leeds' salary cap.....miracles must happen in leeds :roll:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

well... if the tories get in, as ian.birchall (and maybe Fraggle) hope, than that would be a stranger thing!! hehe. :wink: but im not going to turn this in2 a political post: a good loan signing that no one pedicted...old trafford here we come!!
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( Now this is my kind of topic !!
What on earth are you talking about "Things could be worse" you mean we could be relegated, no ground and on the verge of bankrupcy ????

You take the buiscuit !!!!

WE NEE A COACH, IMO it could be anyone, as anyone could do a better job than bungling Betts !!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
what happens if we do get a new coach? And then he fails. You will say the same again. Personally ive had enough of us having coaches. Why dont we just stick with betts and let him mature?
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Its not if we get a new coach its when, mo is showing unbelievable faith compared to other coaches we've had, which just strengthens the fact we are getting a new coach and betts will not be offered a new contract
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Shaun Edwards would be on a wish list of Mo's would it not?
:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
heydude

Post by heydude »

got to consider how many coaches we have had in the last 9/10 years we've chop and changed sometimes the trend has to stop,i like betts but agree with a few on here that he is too inexperience and needs more time to develop his coaching skills but then look at man utd with ferguson first couple of season nearly in the relegation fight and then they win the F.A cup and the rest is history,there are so many factors to consider and me for one is not sure what can be done.
don't eat yellow snow
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

warrior till i die posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
:( Now this is my kind of topic !!
What on earth are you talking about "Things could be worse" you mean we could be relegated, no ground and on the verge of bankrupcy ????

You take the buiscuit !!!!

WE NEE A COACH, IMO it could be anyone, as anyone could do a better job than bungling Betts !!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
what happens if we do get a new coach? And then he fails. You will say the same again. Personally ive had enough of us having coaches. Why dont we just stick with betts and let him mature?
Are you implying that that the team doesn't require coaching? By anyone - no coach at all! :conf:
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

heydude posted:
i like betts but agree with a few on here that he is too inexperience and needs more time to develop his coaching skills but then look at man utd with ferguson first couple of season nearly in the relegation fight and then they win the F.A cup
You can't make the comparison of experience between Denis and Alex!!
Alex won at least 6 trophy's at Aberdeen one of which was the cup winners cup and he was the Scotland international manager too all of which was before he went to Utd.
Denis hasn't even coached Wigan St Judes under 11's!!

:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

heydude posted:
got to consider how many coaches we have had in the last 9/10 years we've chop and changed sometimes the trend has to stop,i like betts but agree with a few on here that he is too inexperience and needs more time to develop his coaching skills but then look at man utd with ferguson first couple of season nearly in the relegation fight and then they win the F.A cup and the rest is history,there are so many factors to consider and me for one is not sure what can be done.
Ferguson at Man U took 3 years to win the FA cup.

7 years to win the title.

13 years to win the euro cup

And a few in between
:lol: :lol:

The point being in modern sport results are required more quickly by "big" clubs and the era of coaches life Fergie getting betwen 7 & 13 years to deliver major honours has gone forever.