Whelan could sell Warriors !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Whelan could sell Warr...

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
If the new ground is built where they say it will be (in Leigh) I can walk to the games, enabling me to offer more financial support in the way of beer purchases!!
In fact, we should go further and merge the clubs. I believe Leigh have some good players we could try out (Turley, Smyth, Jones...) :wink:
...and we can sack Betts and employ Abram as our head coach, then WNAC is alsp happy! :D
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Too much of a sense of humour can be a very unsettling thing Rob!! :)

Don't want Abram, but we could offer big money for Parky Pig!!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

jinkin jimmy posted:
If the new ground is built where they say it will be (in Leigh) I can walk to the games, enabling me to offer more financial support in the way of beer purchases!!
In fact, we should go further and merge the clubs. I believe Leigh have some good players we could try out (Turley, Smyth, Jones...) :wink:
:roll: Do you know something I don't JJ.

:wink: :wink:
warrior4life

Post by warrior4life »

i hear he as sold wigan warroirs take over when latics go up and mos gone to :(
100% Warrior

Re: Whelan could sell Warriors...

Post by 100% Warrior »

According to an article on Teletext, Whelan has confirmed that he has received interest from 2 or 3 parties with regards to taking over at Wigan Warriors.

He has requested confirmation from each of these parties that they have the appropriate funding for their takeover. At least this means Mr Whelan is willing to look in detail at which, if any of these parties is financially able to run the club.

Furthermore, in the article it states Whelan says the final decision whether to allow a takeover lies with Maurice.

And as for even joking of a merger with Leigh ... Shame on you, Sir. Shame on you. :lol1:
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( It's no joke 100% Warrior, it's no joke.

:angry:
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

:D leigh got a ground aint they....dont even have to paint it....darren abram as head coach, denis his assistant..robbie mears for captain..god i'm a genius :lol:
maurice lindsay is a pixie
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Genius no.
Dreamer yes :D
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

somebody's got to :wink:
maurice lindsay is a pixie
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Dreamer posted:
:D leigh got a ground
Incase anyone takes this light-hearted sugguestion of moving to Leigh seriously, can I point out it might be a bit of a squeeze in their new ground, sharing with Leigh Centurians, Leigh East, Leigh RMI, Leigh Harriers and AC, and Leigh Schools. But maybe you think we don't need crowds of 13k, 15k, 16k, 25k etc when Leigh's new stadium can only hold 12000? That's assuming they can find a couple of hours during the week when we can get in for a rugby match with all those other teams wanting to play as well.

Anyone suggesting moving a club with an average attendance of 15700 (league games, it's still 14500 with the cup match) into a 12000 seat stadium probably needs locking up for their own safety. "I've got a good business plan, Mr Bank Manager. Will you give me some money if I take a club that lots of people go to watch, and squash it into a space where they won't all fit and is even smaller than the one they moved out of 6 years ago?" It's not going to be taken seriously, and people aren't that stupid.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]