FRIDAYS GAME

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
davewarrior

FRIDAYS GAME

Post by davewarrior »

WHO WOULD BE FIRST CHOICE STAND OFF FOR FRIDAY'S GAME AGAINST THE FROGGYS AND IS MORAN EVER GOING TO RUN WITH THE BALL IN HIS HANDS :conf:
Doveoverdave

Re: FRIDAYS GAME

Post by Doveoverdave »

Unfortunately Kev Brown. If the lad has any ability above the average it should show against UTC. If he does play lets all hope he has a blinder to build his confidence for the tougher challenges.

Moran's play will be helped if the backs played as backs should, and the forwards got out of the way every now and again when w are on the offensive.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

We have 2 options, both are garbage. Brown or Orr
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Doveoverdave posted:
Unfortunately Kev Brown. If the lad has any ability above the average it should show against UTC. If he does play lets all hope he has a blinder to build his confidence for the tougher challenges.
You and JJ were partly to blame for the lower attendance against Widnes then? Brown had a decent game, especially compared to recent weeks. He was making the breaks alright, all he lacked was knowing when to pass. I think against Les Francais he'll shine if he manages to sort the passing out and they don't take his head off.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

If they want to take his head off it shouldn't be to difficult - it's big enough :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
Brown had a decent game, especially compared to recent weeks. He was making the breaks alright, all he lacked was knowing when to pass. I think against Les Francais he'll shine if he manages to sort the passing out and they don't take his head off.
Agreed about Friday, and someone next to me suggested Moran had over-run Brown when he made that great break down the middle in the first half - he had to judge would the pass be forward or intercepted, and maybe got it wrong? A split-second decision. Yes he's got to make those if he's in the first team, but he retained possession which is more than can be said for others at various times!

I hope having a good game has done Brown a favour with his confidence, we'll see on Friday.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doug Stand posted:
I really hope Wigan invest in a top Australian number 6 for next season.
Julian O'Neill? Erm, Matty Johns? How about Greg Florimo? :redf:

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doug Stand posted:
Fraggle posted:
Doug Stand posted:
I really hope Wigan invest in a top Australian number 6 for next season.
Julian O'Neill? Erm, Matty Johns? How about Greg Florimo? :redf:
To be fair to Matty Johns didn't he have some personal problems and have to be released from his conrtract. If you look at the matches he plated for Newcastsle he was awesome so I'd cut him a bit of slack.

Yeah, take what you say on Florimo and O'Neill... but that still doesn't take away that we need a top stand off and for my money the only ones that would fit the bill would be Austrlian.

Take anyone of Anasta, Barrett, Morris, Hill
Only teasing - I too would be more than happy with Anasta or Barrett. I wonder if Henry Paul is bored of Union yet...?

[hr]
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

HENRY PAUL !!! Give me a break he's as big as a house side, becoming the wrong side of thirty and has had his day.

Stop living in the past.

My stand off would be Kev. Sinfield. Great player natural leader and goal kicker.
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

i'm sure kevin would love to come to wigan.....to watch them....strange aint it, here we all are commenting on a wigan side which is young, had a string of injuries, more injuries and changes than ever before....and then we listen to Ian millward that they can still win without long, scully, and lyon. Do you see the difference? wigan are actually not doing to badly. wigan get an injury and we have to bring out the prams there so young!!!
Lets judge at the end of the season :wink:
maurice lindsay is a pixie