Lidsay will have final say on Wigan sale !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Lidsay will have final say on Wigan sale !!

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Well thats it then, if Doris is still in control of our destiny we are knackered !

I have been looking at the nationals this morning in Tesco, reports in most of them regarding our imminent sale, I actually got the express, one quote says " Supporters are still worried about the club's long term future despite reassurances that they are legally safe to carry on playing at the JJB Stadium"

This does'nt make good reding for us at all, this story has been building for about a month now, I really think it is going to happen, and I can't contemplate what will happen to us !!!

First DW offloading us, then if we are to believe the rumours Doris to go to Australia end of this year !!

That's it then !!!

It's just not worth thinking about !!

:angry: :angry:
Dreamer

Re: Lidsay will have final say...

Post by Dreamer »

:lol: sorry to but in...but i'm new on here.been reading post on this site for over a week now and its drivin' me nuts!!!
wnac needs to calm down...next it will be wigan and leigh rl club with alex murphy as coach and signing "class" players like sean long.
now that its in the nationals that must mean its true!!
then we'll go into division one, players part time, and you wnac will be proved right!!!
i'm sorry your arguments are based on rumour, hearsay, and nothing factual. :lol:
maurice lindsay is a pixie
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Seems obvious to me the club will be sold soon - -press releases about profits, no big name signing in the last few months, and that neither have said they wont or dont want to sell. In fact if you read between the lines they have almost invited an offer.

But....I reckon this could be v.good for Wigan - not sure what will happen regards the stadium, but new owners are not going to try and run the club into the ground but try and get it back to where it belongs. Lets hope if its going to happen that its sooner rather then later so the rebuilding process can get started
Dreamer

Re: Lidsay will have final...

Post by Dreamer »

:D Agree with el rifle...a sensible response! :wink:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

El Rifle posted:
Seems obvious to me the club will be sold soon - -press releases about profits, no big name signing in the last few months, and that neither have said they wont or dont want to sell. In fact if you read between the lines they have almost invited an offer.

But....I reckon this could be v.good for Wigan - not sure what will happen regards the stadium, but new owners are not going to try and run the club into the ground but try and get it back to where it belongs. Lets hope if its going to happen that its sooner rather then later so the rebuilding process can get started
you certainly hit the target there el rifle, well said
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: Well thats it then, if Doris is still in control of our destiny we are knackered !
I don't know if Mo will agree to sell up if an offer comes in or not, but I think you are paranoid.

First off whatever you may think of Mo's abilities I for one don't believe that either he (or DW for that matter) will act in a way in that they consider detrimental to the interest of the club.

Despite what many people think I believe the pair of them will try and do what they consider is in the best interests of the club.

The pair of them are getting on so sooner or later they are going to have to give up control.

The best we can hope for is that DW and Mo are going to make sure, as has been stated, that they will ensure any new owners are suitable. Equally and going along with that sentiment is the hope that should any of these bids not be suitable, they don't sell for the sake of it to the first numpty who turns up with a wheelbarrow full of cash.

I wouldn't blame them if they did given the flack they get from fans but I don't beleive that they will.

Dave
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

When Faz's future to a Wigan team that nobody ever thought he would leave, didn't it set alarms bells ringing that there was something a miss??
That moment Faz sale was agreed Wigan's future in the hands of JJB were in doubt.
Every company thats ever been that has been sold on always sell of there most profitable assets.
That just so happened to be Faz.
It would be difficult for a company(Wigan RLFC) to get a good price as a complete package, so by breaking it up into smaller parts creates a better market.
Theres a slight chance you might see Rads go too.
This is the only way JJB will be able to off-load Wigan and get a fare return for his investment.

As long as Mo is still connected with Wigan, then things financially are ok. He has previous of jumping when it looks like the ships sinking...hope you don't have short memories.
You may remember the departures of Phil Clarke, Inga the Winga, Offiah and Edwards and low and behold MAURICE, who just so happened to come back following the new investment injection by Mr JJB.
Watch for Mo, if he goes then prey.

:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

[

Despite what many people think I believe the pair of them will try and do what they consider is in the best interests of the club."Quote"

Bit like Tony Blair acting in the best interest of Iraq?

:D
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

When somebody ofers silly money for the best player in the world :lol: with a crocked knee.you'd be silly to turn it down.....rad?? bit slow but dependable and better and younger fullbacks around??

maybe??? :doz:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

primrose-n-blue posted:
When Faz's future to a Wigan team that nobody ever thought he would leave, didn't it set alarms bells ringing that there was something a miss??
That moment Faz sale was agreed Wigan's future in the hands of JJB were in doubt.
Every company thats ever been that has been sold on always sell of there most profitable assets.
That just so happened to be Faz.
And what companies buy other companies devoid of assets? If you wanted to make the club attractive to bidders the last thing you would want to do is sell one of its major assets.

It would be difficult for a company(Wigan RLFC) to get a good price as a complete package, so by breaking it up into smaller parts creates a better market.
This is nonsense. Farrell isn't a bloody building or other asset you can hive off (although many would say he was built like a brick ****house).
Theres a slight chance you might see Rads go too.
This is the only way JJB will be able to off-load Wigan and get a fare return for his investment.
This gets my vote as the most ridiculous post of the year so far.
As long as Mo is still connected with Wigan, then things financially are ok. He has previous of jumping when it looks like the ships sinking...hope you don't have short memories.
You may remember the departures of Phil Clarke, Inga the Winga, Offiah and Edwards and low and behold MAURICE, who just so happened to come back following the new investment injection by Mr JJB.
Watch for Mo, if he goes then prey.
Edwards, Offiah and Twiggy left under other people, not Mo (JR and Nolan I think). Clarke and Betts left at the end of their contract and the latter came back!

Dave