Rugby League Media Negativity

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Owd Codger

Re: Rugby League Media Negativity

Post by Owd Codger »

BriH wrote:
Paradox wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Can you check it again, cos when I search for it, it comes up with '404 not found'!

Missed out the 'wales' in the link ...

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/f ... ix-nations

rgds.
Sounds like Shaun will be free after the RU World Cup. Next Wigan Coach?
If he had any intention of returning to our game, he would have done it by now, especially since his Son has reached Adulthood.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Not sure about that. Perhaps he gets near the end of his contract, sees what opportunities are available and weighs up which one would be best for his career, family and lifestyle.

It seems you've a vendetta against Mr Edwards for making a reasonably successful career outside of RL?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

2 vendettas against coaches on the same site at the same time, what's the chances of that :wink:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:Not sure about that. Perhaps he gets near the end of his contract, sees what opportunities are available and weighs up which one would be best for his career, family and lifestyle.

It seems you've a vendetta against Mr Edwards for making a reasonably successful career outside of RL?
No vendetta Mike, just one of no doubt many local people who have had similar observations on the way Edwards has never returned to our game as a Coach after a glittering career as a player and only shows that money has come first before loyalty to our game, town and possibly our club.

My only other comment being that if Rugby Union had been fully professional prior to 1996, like it is now with proper leagues and European competitions, I doubt that League supporters would never have been fortunate enough to see his great career in a Wigan shirt, just like we now not seeing the same with Owen Farrell.

I would have been over the moon to come back and coach Wigan and live in the town, irrespective of the amount of money in Union.

Still regarded by myself as one of the greatest players ever to play for Wigan, but very disappointed with him not returning to our game as a Coach.