I thought 12 men = loss

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

I thought 12 men = loss

Post by cpwigan »

Remember all the Wigan fans blaming Flower for losing a game after being sent off. Well obviously some humble pie needs to swallowed; 12 men does not automatically = defeat. IT NEVER HAS!
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: I thought 12 men = loss

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Remember all the Wigan fans blaming Flower for losing a game after being sent off. Well obviously some humble pie needs to swallowed; 12 men does automatically = defeat. IT NEVER HAS!
Agreed!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

Farrell is the dumb one,every time he tackles some one he holds them down,if they play like that again there is nothing down for them,i know they got a point away from home BUT.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Does the enforcer role given Liam Farrell involve the giving away of penalties to the opposition?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

If he'd have got his shoulder charge right he could have been sent off. Now thats the mark of an enforcer. He's probably disappointed he only made glancing contact.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

I thought 12 men = loss It should end off!

16 up early doors against 12 for most of the game & to end up with draw (point given away)

If the game went on a few more mins Wids would have won!!
Its early doors I know but from that 2nd half performance we lack killer instinct & a bit of flair

Before I go if you get a chance watch No 8 Crosbies tackle on the Wids try scorer the one under the sticks at the end - considering what was at stake with the few mins left pause & play a recording of the I will stop this player at all costs attempt

A&L
(just like Belfast)

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Enforcer is in a player and he does not have it in him.

Best enforcer in SL is Micky Mac and tbh he just looks the part. Faz never will be.
menpond

Post by menpond »

You cannot give someone an enforcer role.its in the DNA. IT DOES NOT HELP if the enforcer cannot punch his way out of a paper bag.The manager who suggests this is obviously in cloud cuckoo land, and on a wackingingly huge wage for being stupid and incompetent,to make it worse.
mp
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

menpond wrote:You cannot give someone an enforcer role.its in the DNA. IT DOES NOT HELP if the enforcer cannot punch his way out of a paper bag.The manager who suggests this is obviously in cloud cuckoo land, and on a wackingingly huge wage for being stupid and incompetent,to make it worse.
Can you find me the link to the interview where Shaun Wane suggested Liam Farrell become an enforcer?
I can't seem to find it.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

loyalbelfast wrote: I thought 12 men = loss It should end off!

16 up early doors against 12 for most of the game & to end up with draw (point given away)

If the game went on a few more mins Wids would have won!!
Its early doors I know but from that 2nd half performance we lack killer instinct & a bit of flair

Before I go if you get a chance watch No 8 Crosbies tackle on the Wids try scorer the one under the sticks at the end - considering what was at stake with the few mins left pause & play a recording of the I will stop this player at all costs attempt

A&L
(just like Belfast)
16-0 up is a score that makes me cringe. I've lost count of the times Wigan blew a 16-0 lead!