Lockers

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Lockers

Post by josie andrews »

Not sure how true but heard he's gonna be out for a while

:( :(

Just sent him a text to confirm
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Re: Lockers

Post by ddtftf »

sadly seems like the end of a legend coming soon
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

This might sound silly but I don't think it will do him any harm, good rest and back for business end without playing loads of games throughout the season, then he retires at the end of the season!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:This might sound silly but I don't think it will do him any harm, good rest and back for business end without playing loads of games throughout the season, then he retires at the end of the season!!
I would agree with that, but we must keep Mickey fit if Sean doesn't play
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:This might sound silly but I don't think it will do him any harm, good rest and back for business end without playing loads of games throughout the season, then he retires at the end of the season!!
I would agree with that, but we must keep Mickey fit if Sean doesn't play
I would agree with that, they are the 2 best leaders without doubt!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Nothing lasts forever, let's hope the powers that be know who's going to replace Lockers, because now we need to know by actions.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Bateman
superleague

Post by superleague »

I've heard possible 12 weeks out
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Not going to make me popular.But I don't think we will miss lockers as much as we think.The great player as he is he is a shadow of the player 12 months ago and declining every time he steps out and punishes his already worn out body more.Imo time for Bateman to step into lf and the great man lockers to call it a day and enjoy his retirement in good health. :(
markill

Post by markill »

He needs to get fit, not to retire. His mistake was being tempted in to playing for England by the captaincy last year when he should have given his body the rest it needed.

He hasn't been good in the first two games and probably should have left the pitch earlier in both games than he did, but he still had something to offer after a proper recovery spell with no pressure on when he comes back.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod