UTC GAME

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

UTC GAME

Post by Joanne2809 »

I didnt go to the game....kept my eye on text and it was 4 - 8 to UTC. So they just scraped through...not good enough

I think us Wigan fans have to resign ourselves to the fact that we arent going to win anything this season, its been very VERY unlucky season, injuries a big part of the problem !! and also our captain fantastic leaving the ship too !!! and no replacement for him !!

You have to take your hats off to the young players, but even so, they are full time professionals but unfortunately SOME of them are not ready for super league and I think Denis Betts, Maurice or Dave W will have to agree with that !! but they have to start somewhere and gain experience of big games. Just a very unfortunate season, and I think the back room staff at Wigan have to get working hard to sort out the side for next season. I know I have read on here that Mo' is off to Oz, to look for new players for next season and some have responded to 'Well what about this season' there are no players available at present and I believe that the money for Farrell hasnt come through as yet, so Mo for once is RIGHT to go and look for NEXT season !!! I still have alot of faith in Wigan and the talent is growing. I watched the Under 21's and Andrew Ballard is an up and coming star and one to watch !!! So lets not have NEGATIVE posts, lets be positive and be true Wigan fans and look to the future !! wigan WILL be back up there with the best!! and there is one good thing, our coach hasnt been SUSPENDED for bad behaviour !!!!! so could be worse and although the result tonight was disappointing...WE STILL WON !!!!! :D :D
the grinch

Re: UTC GAME

Post by the grinch »

like i said you have to be in it to win it. and wugan are still there. ill be happy to win all of our games by a point im not botherd how lucky we are! its about time we had some. we do need to improve! our performances have not been great and i do fear if we get leeds or any other top club we could be in for a hiding. come on wigan.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Oh my gawd that was awful.

I can not believe the performance in the first half. We just didn't look like we wanted to win that game, extremely slow chases, bad ball handling skills and once again no creativity or inspiration at all. It was a scrappy performance and although I didn't boo them off first half I can understand exactly why others did and for once didn't think it was disgusting that people did, just heartbreaking to hear.

I'm sure the lads did go out and try, but it was not their best effort. We haven't got a clue what to do with the ball when we get it, Morans kicks were useless again straight to the full back or any other UTC player for that matter. No breaks made tonight, no use of the wet pitch on kick off, standing still with the ball. Come on Wigan I didn't go there to sit in the pouring rain , shouting my lungs out and freezing my **** off to see a display like that.
Not impressed at all. Second half, bit better but still not up to standard get it sorted.

And to top it all off, I think I may have been sitting infront of WNAC :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

anybody see radlinski's face at half time????.....he was thinking what we were....terrible.....wnac all is forgiven!!!!!! :wink:
maurice lindsay is a pixie
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Dreamer posted:
wnac all is forgiven!!!!!! :wink:
Wouldn't go that far. I'm sure he'll be on here soon enough with his favourite sayings "We need a coach" and "I told you so"
Then again who am I to have an opinion, "I wasn't old enough to properly remember the glory days and I should be absolutely ashamed of this embarassing so called Wigan side."
:slee:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we might of only just won and we definatley didnt perform well but we got the win and progress to the next round of the cup. We all thaught it was going to be a walkover but they tried their hearts out and the players done their club proud.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

that tonight was the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL we did not have a clue,and to top it all the crowd was 5900 i dont think even DORIS will try to make it larger.i asked in an earlier posting was this the worst team you had seen?tonights match answered it.ST PATS would have beaten them easier and to be honest we did not deserve to win,enen through my red specs it was awful. :blush: :blush:
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

PROUD???????????????? :sly:

EMBARRASING :blush:
maurice lindsay is a pixie
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Woah Warrior Til I Die, chill on the post message button please. My connection isn't quick enough to delete the repeat messages!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Disgraceful, enough said !!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: