Lightweight Pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dobby

Lightweight Pack

Post by Dobby »

We desperately need some size in the pack to compete against the stronger teams. Our pack just cant compete at times and we dont have anyone that strikes fear into the opposition. At times tonight was like cruiserweights against heavyweights.
medlocke

Re: Lightweight Pack

Post by medlocke »

was thinking about this last night while watching George Rose, when are we going to start using real props again like Cowie, O'connor, Skerret etc, sick of all these athletic props
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

In which case we need a better kicking game in order to turn round much bigger opposition.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Brisbane kept it simple but were superbly organised. Why can't we play more like that in out own half? Only are wingers and centres seem to run from acting half and then only from out wide. Why don't we try to make more yards down the middle even if it's only to add a bit of variety to our attack? I was proud of the effort that the lads put in and it was easily our best effort this season, but am I missing something here?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

southportcdm wrote:Brisbane kept it simple but were superbly organised. Why can't we play more like that in out own half? Only are wingers and centres seem to run from acting half and then only from out wide. Why don't we try to make more yards down the middle even if it's only to add a bit of variety to our attack? I was proud of the effort that the lads put in and it was easily our best effort this season, but am I missing something here?
Doesn't the coach dictate the way ANY team plays with the given players?
You'll have to ask our coach those questions, good luck!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

What happened to Tautai? He looked good when he was on but then disappeared.

He was the only prop looked as big as their men and made yards up the middle.

Defensively our forwards put in a huge effort but going forward apart from him they were just running into a brick wall.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Back spasms according to some on rlfans
phild1

Post by phild1 »

Dobby wrote:We desperately need some size in the pack to compete against the stronger teams. Our pack just cant compete at times and we dont have anyone that strikes fear into the opposition. At times tonight was like cruiserweights against heavyweights.
==phild1=wigan do seem to be punching above their weight.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

medlocke wrote:was thinking about this last night while watching George Rose, when are we going to start using real props again like Cowie, O'connor, Skerret etc, sick of all these athletic props
==phild1=talking of a different era back then. Any six make a scrum. I do agree with you tho props to do the dirty work second row to follow for offloads and feed the backs.nowt to this coaching lark!!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Thought young John Bateman had another tremendous game again.