Betts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Betts

Post by DaveO »

He has tonight been shown up as an inadiquate coach for Wigan.

Against a side of UTC's standing and despite the conditions and injurys he still failed to get those out on the pitch playing as a team with what looked like a plan.

Looking at the playing staff available the simple fact is the team should be playing better than it is.

It is alright saying Betts didn't drop the ball but he should have had the team drilled well enough so that they don't drop it.

If the team isn't playing to its potential then its down to Betts.

It isn't.

Time to get someone else in.

Dave

mrs_carney

Re: Betts

Post by mrs_carney »

personally i would like to see millward as our coach, 50% of the reason we hate him so much is the fact he is coach of saints, but he gets the best out of players and hasnt failed to bring the silverware to st helens
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
craigbeck

Post by craigbeck »

I would put money on Milward heading home to OZ

C

http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Unfortunately I agree. I wish I was wrong, I really do and I would rather him step down than get sacked but we need someone with more experience. Betts is hanging on to that job knowing he can't really go back now. He won't go back to being assistant manager but I just don't think it's his time just yet. I'd love him to prove me wrong (please) but right nowI just want out of this clinging on to a narrow win situation. Somebody bring some inspiration please.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

i dont know why i said i'd love us to get him lol, i've already heard hes off home to st george with his dad
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I've heard he's still here but I still don't want him.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
heydude

Post by heydude »

if millward did become coach would farrar stop because he would be the assistant coach to his assistant coach when they was at the dragons.
don't eat yellow snow
craigbeck

Post by craigbeck »

I think Denis has the toughest job on earth right now. Take any SL team, sell their best player to union and then lose 5-6 top players to injury and the results would be pretty similar.

If they sacked Betts tomorrow the situation would not improve any quicker. We are missing size, experience and a captain - but all mainly down to bad luck!

C

http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

craigbeck posted:
I think Denis has the toughest job on earth right now. Take any SL team, sell their best player to union and then lose 5-6 top players to injury and the results would be pretty similar.

If they sacked Betts tomorrow the situation would not improve any quicker. We are missing size, experience and a captain - but all mainly down to bad luck!
You are missing the point. I don't expect miracles from what he has available to him but he isn't getting the best out of what he has got.

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

From
http://www.superleague.co.uk/news/1099
Wigan coach Denis Betts revealed he was “never worried� after watching the Warriors sneak through to the last eight of the Powergen Challenge Cup with a last-gasp 16-10 win over Union Treiziste Catalane at the JJB Stadium.
Oh well Im glad he was never worried :angry: I dont think winning 16-10 was part of the plan Dennis. I was shaking like a leaf in the last few minutes. And we weren't lucky? Oh somehow I think we were, very lucky.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!