For Richer or Poorer

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JARJAR

For Richer or Poorer

Post by JARJAR »

:( Like the wedding vow should we the fans be looking for a divorce because after tonight we had a POOR crowd, a POOR atmosphere but worst of all a POOR side that lacked commitment, skill and a game plan.Surely things cant get worse ?
Going to have another drink and get the Micron videos out! :conf:
heydude

Re: For Richer or Poorer

Post by heydude »

hope they are rugby league videos :wink:
don't eat yellow snow
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Poor crowd but what did you expect? It's UTC we were hardly going to have a large away crowd, it was pouring down, and a game that we should have easily won. Was never going to be a big crowd, add on theresult from last week and you get those that are only here for the glory not turning up.

Atmosphere poor due to lack of supporters and lack of team spirit (team not teen, although...) and poor side, well we can only hope that this will get better and I think it will over the next few weeks. This team won't want to be booed off each week. Don't worry, we'll stil be there in the top 6 at the end of the season.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Poor crowd but what did you expect?
...don't forget you also get a lot of people that coincidently have to 'work late' when we don't play top sides like Bradford, Saints and Leeds.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

WiganWarrior for example :lol: Only messing WW!
I'll be at as many away games and every home game that I'm in the country for no matter what. WIGAN TILL I DIE!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
WiganWarrior for example :lol: Only messing WW!
I'll be at as many away games and every home game that I'm in the country for no matter what. WIGAN TILL I DIE!
So Mrs Lam are you thinking of emigrating due to tonights performance by the team?

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

:lol:
You're too knowledgeable DaveO!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Poor crowd but what did you expect? It's UTC we were hardly going to have a large away crowd, it was pouring down, and a game that we should have easily won.
Apart from me masquerading as an away fan (getting lots of funny looks from people in the East Stand) by wearing my old UTC shirt (seems they've changed strip since 2002), does anyone know how many genuine away fans were there? I saw a couple of flags in the south stand so I know I wasn't the only person cheering them on but there can't have been many.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

There was a bunch in the west stand too over in the corner. Only about 6 in that stand, the guy in the south stand was a legend. He was getting all the Wigan fans to join in singing UTC on the way down the stairs. Everyone was getting pics with him and swapping shirts with his mates...hm

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I have to work til 8 every FRI at the mo, but i even took time owing to make the game last night so i was there :sly: whether it was worth it ? hmmmmm but i made a special effort lol
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR