Re: Where does Wigan's future lie...?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
StevosShrink

Re: Where does Wigan's fut...

Post by StevosShrink »

What a crap pole - if you are a Wigan fan how can you say anything other than top six - if you arent you will vote for something pessimistic.

We will be third this time next year and top the following year, have faith!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

StevosShrink posted:
What a crap pole - if you are a Wigan fan how can you say anything other than top six - if you arent you will vote for something pessimistic.

We will be third this time next year and top the following year, have faith!!!!
If you look at the date this "pole" was created you would see it was back in May, when we were really struggling badly with injuries and falling rather rapidly towards the relegation zone. Many people were calling for Betts' head, and one or two were predicting the end of the world if a new coach wasn't brought in. We were bottom 6 at the time, and are still bottom 6 now so I can't really see anyone should be called for being realistic and voting something other than "top 6". Top 6 was still just about possible before last Friday's game although I think that's too far away now, so top 6 was also an understandable one. I'll agree that the other options were just silly ones to cater for the more far-fetched opinions being voiced at the time.

Just because we're Wigan fans doesn't mean we have always to think about what we like to see (Wigan winning GF and CC), we are allowed to acknowledge when things are not going well by predicting us to finish lower than would normally be expected from a Wigan team.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Most the 'positive' peoples votes are wrong though if we finish outside the top 6 so what good does pretending to be optimistic do?

For the first time since I started watching Wigan, I don't want us to finish top 6. We need a full team at the beginning of next season so we can start playing right from the beginning rather than our usual pathetic beginning to a season.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!