Your most prized bit of memorabilia?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Your most prized bit of memorabilia?

Post by Owd Codger »

1946 Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Challenge Cup Final programme which cost me £25 in the seventies. A rare programme due to it being the first final after the war and only a limited number were printed.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Programme from the Wigan v Warrington game in Milwaukee

Stephen went to it :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

The autographs of the entire Wigan team from a 1936 match v Wakefield.
It is signed by Jim Sullivan, Ken Gee, & Hector Gee, amongst others.
I managed to get hold of pictures of all the players (with a little help from A&L who sent me a picture of Charlie Banfield), and framed the entire thing.
If you want a better copy of this for your site A&L, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.
Image[/img]
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
endoman

Post by endoman »

Seats that 4 generations of the family have sat on from the Popular stand at Central Park.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Shaun1967 wrote:The autographs of the entire Wigan team from a 1936 match v Wakefield.
It is signed by Jim Sullivan, Ken Gee, & Hector Gee, amongst others.
I managed to get hold of pictures of all the players (with a little help from A&L who sent me a picture of Charlie Banfield), and framed the entire thing.
If you want a better copy of this for your site A&L, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.
Image[/img]
That's what I call history.Nice.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Interesting topic and I didn't realise just how much I had accumulated over the years until I just opened a cupboard door and an avalanche of Wigan related stuff came out but initially my favourites are the ball signed by Pat Richards that was the centre piece from his table on the night he won Man of Steel in 2010 - he signed it for my better half who had spent most of the summer in hospital after being struck down by a major heart attack in the June of that year, the End of an Era brochure from when Wigan played Saints on 5th September 1999, the programme signed by the Wigan squad and officials from the Stones premiership final of 1996 simply because one of the touch judges that I know got it signed for me and he is a fanatical Wire supporter so I was both shocked and touched that he bothered

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Brett Kenny match worn jersey.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

a signed "plan B" document from Shaun Wane, a rare find indeed .. :lol:

p.s to the people who lack a sense of humour, thats a joke :)
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
sc74

Post by sc74 »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:a signed "plan B" document from Shaun Wane, a rare find indeed .. :lol:

Laminate it ;)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

sc74 wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:a signed "plan B" document from Shaun Wane, a rare find indeed .. :lol:

Laminate it ;)
The rarity of such a document makes it value immeasurable :)

Any chance you can post him a photocopy back or do we all have to do 50 press ups.