Brits are rubbish at team sports

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Brits are rubbish at team sports

Post by cpwigan »

I said it a fortnight ago and hey presto our cricket team exemplify what I said.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Brits are rubbish at team sports

Post by Mike »

We do quite well at rowing and cycling. Both have a team component.

I think its down to the prevailing culture at the top of each organisation. Excellence, or also-rans.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

All teams have a bad patch as we all well know.!
markill

Post by markill »

Women's Cricket Team. Women's RU Team. Maybe it's the men that aren't so great... Although the men's cricket team did hammer India in the last three tests they played.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Funds should be reduced to the sport of cricket for that apathetic performance in Australia.
Players and coaching alike was woeful.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Mr Para, so the state is borrowing 90 billion sterling pa,paying interest out of our taxes to fund professional sportspeople? And then they are second rate!Concur with your sentiment.
mp
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

our womans athletics team is brilliant as good as any in europe.Our men are not bad neither. :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not really team sports though albeit I know we have teams. Womens sport is not at sufficient depth globally to consider in the same light as male sport.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Ive said it a million times brits are rubbish at sports in general, in fact the only brits who are succesful are the ones who act not british and they get called names for it.

I cant think of a more perfect example than in F1 with Hamilton and Button.

Everyone loves button, because he is the typical brit, he is happy to come in 4th or 5th because he gave it his all and by golly is he nice about it

Hamilton is a winner, a born winner, there are 2 positions he sees, 1st and lost, this does mean that he can be petulant, he can be angry when he loses because he hates it, he hates losing.

We are taught to slow down to the slowest to not make them feel bad, rather than celebrate the fastest, we are more bothered about upsetting someone than winning

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Ive said it a million times brits are rubbish at sports in general, in fact the only brits who are succesful are the ones who act not british and they get called names for it.

I cant think of a more perfect example than in F1 with Hamilton and Button.

Everyone loves button, because he is the typical brit, he is happy to come in 4th or 5th because he gave it his all and by golly is he nice about it

Hamilton is a winner, a born winner, there are 2 positions he sees, 1st and lost, this does mean that he can be petulant, he can be angry when he loses because he hates it, he hates losing.

We are taught to slow down to the slowest to not make them feel bad, rather than celebrate the fastest, we are more bothered about upsetting someone than winning
:eusa2:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett