Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Salford

Post by cpwigan »

I truly hope Salford have a great season as the impact on RL will be great is they are successful (challenging) and from reading the Doc that new stadium is a real millstone unless they attract larger attendances.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Salford

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:I truly hope Salford have a great season as the impact on RL will be great is they are successful (challenging) and from reading the Doc that new stadium is a real millstone unless they attract larger attendances.
We all know your views on Wane CP but if the unlikely was to happen and SW was to get sacked or resigned, would you have Harris back as head coach?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I truly hope Salford have a great season as the impact on RL will be great is they are successful (challenging) and from reading the Doc that new stadium is a real millstone unless they attract larger attendances.
We all know your views on Wane CP but if the unlikely was to happen and SW was to get sacked or resigned, would you have Harris back as head coach?
Probably not unless he makes a decent fist of the Salford jobs. He looks to be following a similar pattern to what Wigan use under Wane. Hopefully, he has changed it slightly.

From SL, Powell at Cas is not a bad coach IMO. Cunningham shows promise abut he is a non starter for Wigan. After that? I think we are struggling for quality British coaches. I looked at the table today and thought it was not a bad reflection on where teams may finish, hopefully ourselves in fourth.

British coaches are getting opportunities now but I see very few that are impressive. We need to somehow improve our coaching development programme but I am not sure the RFL has the money or the will to do so.

I think I would look to the NRL, ideally a promising relatively young assistant.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Probably not unless he makes a decent fist of the Salford jobs. He looks to be following a similar pattern to what Wigan use under Wane. Hopefully, he has changed it slightly.

From SL, Powell at Cas is not a bad coach IMO. Cunningham shows promise abut he is a non starter for Wigan. After that? I think we are struggling for quality British coaches. I looked at the table today and thought it was not a bad reflection on where teams may finish, hopefully ourselves in fourth.

British coaches are getting opportunities now but I see very few that are impressive. We need to somehow improve our coaching development programme but I am not sure the RFL has the money or the will to do so.

I think I would look to the NRL, ideally a promising relatively young assistant.
What about Frassynious!! Probably spelt completely wrong!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i wouldnt have harris as coach. the problem is with salford attendances is they will never get big crowds because the ground isnt in a good place and playing on a sunday when united are playing is stupidity
IN WANE WE TRUST
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

THe problem with the ground is access. It is a nightmare to get to. If I was him I'd put a big push into getting a connecting road built between the Trafford Center and the ground under the viaduct. Might be an engineering challenge, but its the only way to make it easier for people to get to the ground.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike wrote:THe problem with the ground is access. It is a nightmare to get to. If I was him I'd put a big push into getting a connecting road built between the Trafford Center and the ground under the viaduct. Might be an engineering challenge, but its the only way to make it easier for people to get to the ground.
It is very bad planning on somebody's part (council?). I thought I read somewhere they were trying to improve the access route?

I agree with your POV / suggestion BTW
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: We all know your views on Wane CP but if the unlikely was to happen and SW was to get sacked or resigned, would you have Harris back as head coach?

Non. His predecessor Trent Robinson would do though.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Probably not unless he makes a decent fist of the Salford jobs. He looks to be following a similar pattern to what Wigan use under Wane. Hopefully, he has changed it slightly.

Non. His predecessor Trent Robinson would do though.
He certainly would.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:
Mike wrote:THe problem with the ground is access. It is a nightmare to get to. If I was him I'd put a big push into getting a connecting road built between the Trafford Center and the ground under the viaduct. Might be an engineering challenge, but its the only way to make it easier for people to get to the ground.
It is very bad planning on somebody's part (council?). I thought I read somewhere they were trying to improve the access route?

I agree with your POV / suggestion BTW
I think it's improved but they've been doing work on the junction to which in the short term doesn't help. They switch the road to be Twp lanes in before game and two out after game which is decent, so the only obstacle becomes the car park. But is it really that hard to get to!? Plus, didn't they put buses on from Eccles and the willows and other places that apparently are much easier to get to/from.People aren't really taking advantage though I guess, or it didn't last.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod