Warriors V Latics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldtimer

Re: Warriors V Latics

Post by oldtimer »

i am surprised how all the talk seems to be about latics,there seems to be a fear of them because they are doing well i mean all this talk about crowds i was at the record gate[what a joke ]against saints and i am afraid we are now becoming paranoid lets be honest could we blame anyone being down hearted after what we have had to watch this season c---
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
i am surprised how all the talk seems to be about latics,there seems to be a fear of them because they are doing well i mean all this talk about crowds i was at the record gate[what a joke ]against saints and i am afraid we are now becoming paranoid lets be honest could we blame anyone being down hearted after what we have had to watch this season c---
Nobody's mentioned anything about being worried about the Latics. You keep spouting that rubbish and there's never any evidence. No-one's paranoid, indeed I don't think anyone who's contributed to this debate was there today showing how little we really care about the Latics. Just because we commented on a historic day in their history doesn't suggest anyone is worried by them or their sport. The only paranoid ones are the doom mongers like yourself, who are convinced the world is going to end or some such thing. You've still never answered my question from a long time ago about why you keep harping on about the attendance on Good Friday, are you paranoid about something?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

Top and bottom of it is that unfortunately (and speaking as one who is a born and bred pieeater )Wiganers are and always have been a very fickle set of supporters whatever the sport and at the moment with Latics being in the spotlight there are more armchair supporters claiming to be "Latics" fans.These same people are those that turn up to our games when we are doing well.The problem that we have is that at the moment we have nothing better to offer them.I wish the Latics well in getting promotion but will not be going to see them next year no matter who they may be playing as I find football to be the most hyped up, over rated sport played by prima donnas that was ever invented.
We will get good crowds if we play good rugby and even better if that good rugby gets us good results.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

JARJAR posted:
Top and bottom of it is that unfortunately (and speaking as one who is a born and bred pieeater )Wiganers are and always have been a very fickle set of supporters whatever the sport and at the moment with Latics being in the spotlight there are more armchair supporters claiming to be "Latics" fans.These same people are those that turn up to our games when we are doing well.The problem that we have is that at the moment we have nothing better to offer them.I wish the Latics well in getting promotion but will not be going to see them next year no matter who they may be playing as I find football to be the most hyped up, over rated sport played by prima donnas that was ever invented.
We will get good crowds if we play good rugby and even better if that good rugby gets us good results.
Excellent post. Perhaps it'll shut the doom-mongers up if we can put some good form together so that both the Latics and the Warriors are successful. Too many people seem to think there's some rule that says there can only be one successful team in the town at any one time.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( I thought this was a rugby board ?

Being a sports fan, Well done latics !!!

Now down to buisiness, Neither the Warriors nor the Latics hold a lease at the JJB, Whelco hold the lease and sub let to both teams, as you have all brought up this subject, why do you think it's such an emotive talking point, well IMO it's because we all know that DW will now throw all his energy and money into making the Latics a Prem team, if that means throwing us out of the JJB, he will, if it means selling us, he will, many of us will also get our wish this year IMO, when doris leaves for the land of Ozz !!
Where does this leave us, up the creak without a paddle !! All this needs sorting out NOW !!! before things are totally out of control.

if we are toi have a new owner, let it be now, if we are to have a new chairman, let it be now, if we are to have a new ground, let it be now, then and only then canwe start to rebuild our depleted squad !!

IN MY OPINION !!

:(
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
why do you think it's such an emotive talking point, well IMO it's because we all know that DW will now throw all his energy and money into making the Latics a Prem team, if that means throwing us out of the JJB, he will, if it means selling us, he will, many of us will also get our wish this year IMO, when doris leaves for the land of Ozz !!
One day, you'll get round to telling us why Wigan RLFC should impact at all on the Latics success or otherwise in the Premiership. We don't play them, so we can't take points off them. We don't damage the stadium, we don't play on the same day, we don't even cause damage to the pitch. We DO bring money to Whelco Holdings (therefore Whelan) to help finance his dream. We DO bring big crowds to the stadium ensuring the JJB Stadium gets lots of publicity to perhaps bring in new sponsors to both teams to, again, help finance his dream. We do we do which interferes with the Latics? DW has little input into the running of our club now, it's ML who's in charge so DW spending more time propping up the Latics shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

[hr]
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
why do you think it's such an emotive talking point, well IMO it's because we all know that DW will now throw all his energy and money into making the Latics a Prem team, if that means throwing us out of the JJB, he will, if it means selling us, he will, many of us will also get our wish this year IMO, when doris leaves for the land of Ozz !!
One day, you'll get round to telling us why Wigan RLFC should impact at all on the Latics success or otherwise in the Premiership. We don't play them, so we can't take points off them. We don't damage the stadium, we don't play on the same day, we don't even cause damage to the pitch. We DO bring money to Whelco Holdings (therefore Whelan) to help finance his dream. We DO bring big crowds to the stadium ensuring the JJB Stadium gets lots of publicity to perhaps bring in new sponsors to both teams to, again, help finance his dream. We do we do which interferes with the Latics? DW has little input into the running of our club now, it's ML who's in charge so DW spending more time propping up the Latics shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.
:( The down side to your argument, is the worst kept RL secret this year, that being that Doris will be moving to Ozz, sometime in the near future, if DW does lose interest then we will be leaderless, so it needs sorting out now !!!

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( The down side to your argument, is the worst kept RL secret this year, that being that Doris will be moving to Ozz, sometime in the near future, if DW does lose interest then we will be leaderless, so it needs sorting out now !!!

So if he goes, many people will be happy. DW won't want to run the club, he hasn't had to run it since he took over and I doubt he'd be interested now, so the first thing he'll do is get a new Chairperson, or sell the club to a new owner who'll no doubt have his/her/their own chairperson to bring in. I can't realistically see us having no leader for more than a day or two. As I've stated before, ML will want to keep his own reputation intact before going to Aus so he won't do anything too daft.

[hr]
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

message for FRAGGLE.you say i keep harping on about the gate on good friday but neither you or any one from the club has explained how you can get 25004 into a ground that holds[officialy] less than 25000 and still have all those seats emptyis it because you beleive anything?and the moon is really made of GREEN CHEESE?
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

why is the size of gate so important. the latics could have sold out yesterday but so what. man utd,s crowd is twice the size of chelsea,s but chelsea are the champions