Warriors V Latics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WarringtonBlue

Re: Warriors V Latics

Post by WarringtonBlue »

The attendance was 18,179 and half the east stand was closed off! All the tickets available were sold! I dont think they could have filled it anyway but it is a bit unfair to write them off like that! A lot of the fans were neutrals anyway so nobody could really say how many REAL latics fans were there! [/quote]Thats complete crap.

Most the fans there were latics fans and this could be seen by the celebrations when we scored.

The crowd was 19,662.

I know of many many people who have been all season and not been able to get a ticket and i think we'd of been looking at a near sell out.

Dont let real facts get in the way or your down right silly opinions your trying to pass off as fact.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

WarringtonBlue, if you want to directly respond to another user, you can click post reply and then the quote button at the bottom of this message box. That will quote everything that the person you are replying to has said instead of copying and pasting.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
WarringtonBlue

Post by WarringtonBlue »

MrsLam posted:
WarringtonBlue, if you want to directly respond to another user, you can click post reply and then the quote button at the bottom of this message box. That will quote everything that the person you are replying to has said instead of copying and pasting.
Thanks for letting me know.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

captinjack posted:
I was listening to Radio 5 Live this morning when they interviewed Dave Whelan, he said that he had put several millions of pounds into getting the Latics to where they are, most likely being promoted to the Premiership, today. He also said that he is going to make up to 25 millions available to the Latics for the buying of new players.

Of course there is no salary cap in Football, unlike Rugby League. Some teams, Bradford, St. Helens, and I also believe Leeds are getting around the salary cap rules by paying their players half of their contract money in this country and paying the rest to off shore accounts, which lets them make signings a will. Unfortunately DW will not even entertain doing this so the Warriors have ended up in the state we are in by playing to the letter of the law while the some of the other clubs bend the rules.

Without doubt the Warriors are also rans in the thoughts of DW, with the Latics taking prime position. I don’t begrudge the Latics their success good luck to them, but which of the teams have been filling the JJB the most. It’s not the Latics. No doubt Latic fans will now come crawling out of the wood work, that happened in the Central Park era of Wigan. But what will happen when if Latics are relegated, which is a strong possibility, at the end of the next Premiership Season.

I have no doubt that DW would drop the Warriors in the blink of an eye, and evict the Warriors from the JJB without even a backward glance, should the state of the pitch, due to ground sharing, become an issue is the survival of the Latics in the Premiership, thereby leaving us without a ground to play at. Don’t be under any illusions that the Warriors are the main team in Wigan, in the fans eyes we are, but not in DW’s.

As for Friday’s nights game we were lucky. If there had been a video ref there we would have lost!
The FA has no rules on the condition of a football pitch like in other countries. Most recent evidence of them not bothering would be the tragic state of Everton’s pitch in the Man U cup tie this season….. It was brought up many times, but there was no rule to say Everton needed to replace it before the game.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

nope if their was a video ref their friday we would of drew. Dont forget Brown scored in last min.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

WARRINGTON BLUE!

In reply to your above coments I would like to invite you to come and look at the stadium reccords!
I was there, I work there! I think I know my facts luv! Try and get it right before you write off other peoples opinions! Everyone has there right to free speech (especialy on this board) so dont try to kick off when I have my say!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
WarringtonBlue

Post by WarringtonBlue »

So the official site and numerous other sites are wrong with the attendance being 19662?

I didnt kick off just pointed out you were talking rubbish.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

proud_pie_eater posted:
WARRINGTON BLUE!

In reply to your above coments I would like to invite you to come and look at the stadium reccords!
I was there, I work there! I think I know my facts luv! Try and get it right before you write off other peoples opinions! Everyone has there right to free speech (especialy on this board) so dont try to kick off when I have my say!
You'll notice in my earlier message I also quoted a figure of 19600, that's the value that was on either the BBC or SportingLife websites at the weekend. The 19662 figure is the one that must have been given to the media, regardless of what the stadium records say.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Spartak_Warrior

Post by Spartak_Warrior »

I am a follower of both latics and warriors. In fact the game was a sell out for latics fans. The empty seats were in the away end of which Reading only sold 2000 tickets. The club requested the east stand be segregated in order to satisfy demmand. This was refused by greater manchester police for crowd safety concerns or to get revenge on whelan over the cost of policing issue, depending on which way you want to look at it.

I gotta say, the atmosphere both at the game and in town on sunday night was superb.