shaun wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Top Cat

shaun wane

Post by Top Cat »

I know we are not playing well at the moment , and I get frustrated with the results.But I don't agree with all the slagging off Shaun wane is getting, no need for it not to a bloke who is Wigan thru and thru. Comparisons to madge are daft because he had a more experienced and better squad of players
thegimble

Re: shaun wane

Post by thegimble »

Top Cat wrote:I know we are not playing well at the moment , and I get frustrated with the results.But I don't agree with all the slagging off Shaun wane is getting, no need for it not to a bloke who is Wigan thru and thru. Comparisons to madge are daft because he had a more experienced and better squad of players

If he needs more experience then he needed to get it sorted when Burns was on the market and Saints got him as well as the Broncos forward.

If IL then tells him no Wane should have walked out on him. Wane with his record would have a decent NRL assistants job if he needed one. I agree the squad lacks experience but that squad should have beaten HKR and Widnes and not struggled to beat Hull and Giants.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Our squad is average at the moment , add to that not much competition for places .
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Top Cat wrote:I know we are not playing well at the moment , and I get frustrated with the results.But I don't agree with all the slagging off Shaun wane is getting, no need for it not to a bloke who is Wigan thru and thru. Comparisons to madge are daft because he had a more experienced and better squad of players
So you think Madge was more experienced than Wane? You do realise Madge had never coached first grade before Wigan, was coming to a country he had never coached in and had NO experience of club / country compared to SEVERAL YEARS his elder Wane with far more experience of coaching and of Wigan than Madge had.

So you think Madge had better players, you do realise Noble got the boot with the very same squad that Madge had to work with and somehow took those failing playersa to a LLS and GF victory.

Madge inherited a basket case, Wane inherited a club that was the best in SL.

Your thru and thru Wigan, everybody is thru and thru Wigan DOES being THRU and THRU Wigan entitle us all to a free highly paid job with Wigan RLFC.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Top Cat wrote:Our squad is average at the moment , add to that not much competition for places .
Its still a better squad than.

Cas
Widnes
Hull
Hull KR
Giants
Wakey
Catalan
Salford

And on par with

Saints
Wire
Leeds

Problem is an you can not hide from the fact we are playing very poorly. IL takes the blame for the lack of experience but Wane has to take the flak for what is going on. Its not a 1 off we have not played Well since Wire in the play offs.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Top Cat if a person teaches you how to do a job to the best standard possible and you totally ignored what he taught you, do you think you deserve or would get any sympathy for blowing it?
menpond

Post by menpond »

Wigan were 12/1 to win the GF on Mcguires arrival. The squad was poor,ish and a lot were knackered. Cue 10,000 volts ,faith and leadership. We forget how lost were ,and how we were transformed.The players believed ,bought in and delivered. What more is there to say?
mp
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

thegimble wrote:
Top Cat wrote:Our squad is average at the moment , add to that not much competition for places .

Cas
Widnes
Hull
Hull KR
Giants
Wakey
Catalan
Salford

And on par with

Saints
Wire
Leeds

Problem is an you can not hide from the fact we are playing very poorly. IL takes the blame for the lack of experience but Wane has to take the flak for what is going on. Its not a 1 off we have not played Well since Wire in the play offs.
In your dreams!!
sc74

Post by sc74 »

slimshady wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Cas
Widnes
Hull
Hull KR
Giants
Wakey
Catalan
Salford

And on par with

Saints
Wire
Leeds

In your dreams!!
Another quality, well educated response.
Is that you Shaun?
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

sc74 wrote:
slimshady wrote:
thegimble wrote: Its still a better squad than.

Cas
Widnes
Hull
Hull KR
Giants
Wakey
Catalan
Salford

And on par with

Saints
Wire
Leeds

In your dreams!!
Another quality, well educated response.
Is that you Shaun?
Ok you probably need me to explain, if we had a better squad than Cas, Widnes or Leeds we would have beaten them. All you armchair coaches will tell me its the "Waneball" effect but I'm not buying it. This squad is not good enough and Leneghans the problem, other clubs have out recruited us and he needs to put it right.