Challenge Cup draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Challenge Cup draw

Post by Fraggle »

ChrisA posted:
What are you moaning about, we where gifted a route to the final last year, where you moaning about that ? no you wernt.

Leeds drew Saints in the semi final 2 or 3 years running a few years back, shit happens in the draw, deal with it.

Saints had to beat Leeds Bradford and hull to get to the final last year, we had to play a very bad Warrington side in the semi.

This year we are a terrible side, and i would sooner play Saints now than in the final.
Who was moaning? All the points in this thread before you posted this were just showing suspicions that the BBC have, once again, paired Wigan and Saints in a cup match. In recent years it's happened in 1998, 2001, 2002, 2004 and now 2005. That's a lot of times considering how many teams there are in this competition. Ok, so two of those were finals, but it's a guaranteed ratings winner for the BBC especially now they've no Leeds vs Bradford game to show. It may be coincidence, and to be honest I don't care who we play (hence the question about why you think people were whinging?), but I'm never totally convinced these draws are as genuine as they appear. Nobody mentioned what happened last year :conf:

What odds on the final being Leeds vs whoever wins Saints vs Wigan? I somehow doubt they'll let Toulouse get to the final...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

MrsLam posted:
He can get stuffed. Wigan Saints games are never predictable. Bring them on I say.
Been away for the weekend and am catching up. I've seen one or 2 posts censored, so am wondering how you can get away with this? WNAC hasn't even posted on this thread, WTID mentions him and you post this!!
I'd confidently predict that if WNAC posted this to you it would have been acted upon. Wher'e the consistency?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
MrsLam posted:
He can get stuffed. Wigan Saints games are never predictable. Bring them on I say.
Been away for the weekend and am catching up. I've seen one or 2 posts censored, so am wondering how you can get away with this? WNAC hasn't even posted on this thread, WTID mentions him and you post this!!
I'd confidently predict that if WNAC posted this to you it would have been acted upon. Wher'e the consistency?
MrsLam's not the only moderator, and I have no problems with moderating anyone including other moderators if things have gone over the mark. Moderation's only really needed when we get lots of swearing, people doing daft things to the format of messages such as typing 100 smiley's, or direct personal insults. Whilst "he can get stuffed" is perhaps not the nicest thing she could have said, it's not half as bad as someone typing "oi (whoever), f*** off" which is direct abuse and something that would be dealt with.

In any case, WNAC's not above throwing out insults, most of which have been left unedited, and I believe in people getting as good as they give so long as things don't go overboard. That's how things are in the real world, and so long as we remain legal and within the realms of decency I don't have a problem with a little conflict. Better than that some unreal world where we all pretend to agree with each other so as not to upset anyone (just because that's how our government seem to want to run the country doesn't mean that has to be the case here).

Finally, this is Mike's site; he appointed the moderators and if he's not happy with our consistency then he can remove that responsibility from us, in the same way he can get rid of individual posters who are not keeping to the spirit of the site, or basically do anything he wants to really.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Just thought it seemed out of order since wnac wasn't even logged on!!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Well I'm logged on now, I to have been away this weekend, but glad to see I have been missed, and causing controversy by proxy !!

Odds for Cup match i'd say Saints 4/7 Warriors 3/1

But who will Milward be coaching when we play ????
I'm not rising to the insults anymore, it's immature and spitefull !!

:wink: :wink:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Elizwigan You have made my day :D

I thought they'd play it on the Saturday, would have been absolutely broken hearted if I'd had to miss that one. Should be funny packing us all into that shed though. Come on the Warriors!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah sorry about that, I get wound up reading insults from other people on here, funny you should say if it had happened to me I would have acted upon it because I have in the past and have also deleted other insulting posts from other people. Any other moderator can moderate my messages, obviously it wasn't seen as insulting or threatening at the time.

It won't happen for no reason again.

Read on Wigarl that both ties are on 26th June as ElizWigan said. Where did you read it was Saturday Geoff?

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Just had confirmation on the Super League site that the St Helens v Wigan match will be played on Sun 26th with a 4pm kick-off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Elizwigan You have made my day :D

I thought they'd play it on the Saturday, would have been absolutely broken hearted if I'd had to miss that one. Should be funny packing us all into that shed though. Come on the Warriors!
I'm also happy, I'm supposed to be leading a bus load of overseas students on a trip to Scarborough on the Saturday, work commitments again, so having this match on the Sunday definitely suits me.

[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D
Been on about 3 or 4 different sites.

1) Fixtures to be played sun 26th
2) Wigan Saints to be played Sat 25th
3) Fixtures to be played weekend 25th/26th

Was getting very confused. Thankyou Mike!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!