Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by East Stand Faithful »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Was there not a bit of fall out with Sam and another player a few years back over a girl?
Stefan Marsh i think.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

so while still on the topic of Tomkins but slightly touching another subject on the matter.

If we do fail to re-sign tomkins who will get the flakk,

SW as he is supposadly close to the family?
KR for not selling the contract well enough?
IL for not parting with money needed?

we know the lynch mob would be out for one of them, but who?

as well if he doesnt come home, who would we like to see come in next year? Wigan are obviously missing somthing both SW and IL have both stated they know somthing has been wrong so far as we are not preforming.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote:so while still on the topic of Tomkins but slightly touching another subject on the matter.

as well if he doesnt come home, who would we like to see come in next year? Wigan are obviously missing somthing both SW and IL have both stated they know somthing has been wrong so far as we are not preforming.
IL by 99.999%

and SW by CP (joking CP)
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

If we do sign Sam and the marquee player gets voted in could Sam have something put into a contract that he becomes the marquee signing and his wages increase accordingly? I want Sam back but hope that's not the case because I'd like Sam PLUS another star. A centre, or halfback (to replace Smith).
I see Smith as a good organising half and a just above average leader but weak in ideas, pace, short and long kicking (however his long infield kicking seems to have improved of late). He is not a boss on the pitch wether we are on top or not. He does not lead from the front.
cpwigan

Re: Sam Tomkins

Post by cpwigan »

Fujiman wrote:IIRC didn't his mate go with him? An electrician I think.
He did.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I could easily have written that article myself as that is how I feel re Sam in the NRL. I am not sure being the best is as important to Sam as being very wealthy. Monetary wealth is far more important now than it once was.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

thegimble wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:so while still on the topic of Tomkins but slightly touching another subject on the matter.

IL by 99.999%

and SW by CP (joking CP)
There would be nobody to blame IMO. As a great boxer says it's all about the money! I think many fans would be sad. I suppose I would but would it hurt no. I find the will he / won't here sagas largely engineered by agents and players very distasteful.

I personally think / hope Sam will return to Wigan because otherwise everything he has said looks ludicrous bordering of bullpoop.

If Sam signed for Wire and we got Ratchford or if Sam signed for Leeds and we got Hardaker would it be such a bad return. I do hope we sign Sam, play him at fullback and give George and Rocky their chance as out halfback pairing.

I quite like Sam / Manfredi / Josh / Sarge and ? (Ideally Carney from Cas or a similar robust finisher / Rocky / George as a damn fine backline.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

thegimble wrote:

IL by 99.999%

and SW by CP (joking CP)
When I stub my toe I shout basket Wane :wink:

Wane is just a typically non elite British RL coach. Possibly one of the dumbest but that's it.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Sam wont come back for peanuts,nor should he he will put bums on seats wherever he ends up so why shouldnt he be paid accordingly I have no issue with it he'll be a long time retired.

Will he come back..gut instinct tells me no he wont and will end up at Leeds,I say it knowing nothing at all but i just dont see the club parting with the wages he will want but i suspect there will be plenty of other clubs only too willing and happy to take him on.

Oh annd i am usually wildly wrong about these sorts of things too,my gut prolly is just a curry from the other night :)
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

cpwigan wrote:
thegimble wrote:

IL by 99.999%

and SW by CP (joking CP)
There would be nobody to blame IMO. As a great boxer says it's all about the money! I think many fans would be sad. I suppose I would but would it hurt no. I find the will he / won't here sagas largely engineered by agents and players very distasteful.

I personally think / hope Sam will return to Wigan because otherwise everything he has said looks ludicrous bordering of bullpoop.

If Sam signed for Wire and we got Ratchford or if Sam signed for Leeds and we got Hardaker would it be such a bad return. I do hope we sign Sam, play him at fullback and give George and Rocky their chance as out halfback pairing.

I quite like Sam / Manfredi / Josh / Sarge and ? (Ideally Carney from Cas or a similar robust finisher / Rocky / George as a damn fine backline.
I personally wouldnt blame anyone but alot of fans would see it as a massive failure. My personal opinion is i would love to see Tomkins back but i cant see why he would other than love of a club. Hes won everything he can at wigan and tomkins seems to like challenges

If he went warrington i would love to see ratchford at Wigan, hes been scratchy recently but i believe thats down to him not being settled in one position.

If he went to Leeds i wouldnt like to see hardaker, there is no doubt hes a talent but Wigan dont seem to like players with off field issues.

I will however be jumping up and down with everyone else if we do get a half time annoucment on sunday.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.