Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:Sam is very home sick and does wish he was back at Wigan. Weather he comes back early I don't know...His contract as most people know is a decent one. Figures again I don't know but the amount he his on may make it hard for him to come back early.... I cant honestly see him going to Union as he love the Wigan Club deeply.
so why is he talking to Clermont Auvergne RU in France then?
Play one off against the other so we give him more especially if the marquee player gets passed.
i can't see IL offering more than a rich Union club would offer so that makes no sense, playing us off against Warrington and Leeds would make more sense imo
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Personally, I really don't get all this being homesick. It's not for the rest of your life. Stick it out and come back when it's job done.

On the other hand, would be delighted to see him back.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

sc74 wrote:Personally, I really don't get all this being homesick. It's not for the rest of your life. Stick it out and come back when it's job done.

its what all the Aussies say over here and go back to a better contract in OZ
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

sc74 wrote:Personally, I really don't get all this being homesick. It's not for the rest of your life. Stick it out and come back when it's job done.

TBH i could live anywhere just as long as my wife and son was with me, Sam is single with a close family it's only normal to miss things. He never left here because he was unhappy, he left for the challenge so if he feels down ofc he'll think about happy times which will be his time in Wigan.
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

May be Bowen wants out? that would free off some space..just a thought we can all dream. or maybe he wants to play with his brothers again?
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Lock is reported to want to go back to the NRL so maybe he replaces Sam at his old club at fullback
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sam will come back if the money is right which it may be if the marquee player is introduced. Sam got a great deal for 3 years at the Warriors, maybe he is afraid the next contract will be significantly less or that his 'stock' has fallen. I would prefer he saw out his contract and tried to prove himself in the NRL but maybe that is too hard albeit he does show some glimpses and I think he could do it but it is hard earned. Does he want that or easy money in SL?
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

quote frome aussie rl weekly
Wigan’s pursuit of Sam Tomkins has diminished Matty Bowen’s hopes of extending his stay with the English giants.

Cowboys great Bowen had made it clear he wanted to extend his deal in 2016, but was dropped their reserve squad last weekend and is unlikely to be kept on.

Meanwhile, my mail on Tomkins is he is keen to return to his former club Wigan next season, where his brothers Joel and Logan play – and will snub bigger-bucks on offer from rugby.

Tomkins has another year on his Warriors contract – but will ask to break it on compassionate grounds – he’s homesick.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ddtftf wrote:Lock is reported to want to go back to the NRL so maybe he replaces Sam at his old club at fullback
Warriors are reportedly after Tuivasa-Sheck from the chooks.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Presumably Joel can tell him of the delights of Union,ie get squashed vey week and be seriously damaged. Sam is 100% wrong for Union,wrong type of player.Come home.
mp