Millward for Wigan !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Millward for Wigan !!

Post by Doveoverdave »

Fraggle posted:
botica posted:
I would hate for Denis to leave and leave he will. Can anyone remember a head coach move to assistant? Millward heavens above!!!!! can we cope with that. would be funny listening to the stains fans though....
There've been head coaches moved to No Mans Land before - Darryl Powell at Leeds has disappeared off the face of the earth with the success of Tony Smith, and didn't they also move Deano out of the way to accommodate Graham Murray?
Rumour has it that Powell's back when Smiffy's contracts up!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

that was the initial plan. But can you honestly see it happening now?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
Fraggle posted:
botica posted:
I would hate for Denis to leave and leave he will. Can anyone remember a head coach move to assistant? Millward heavens above!!!!! can we cope with that. would be funny listening to the stains fans though....
There've been head coaches moved to No Mans Land before - Darryl Powell at Leeds has disappeared off the face of the earth with the success of Tony Smith, and didn't they also move Deano out of the way to accommodate Graham Murray?
Having won them Superleague for the first time in living memory, and with the potential for at least a good cup run this year as well as being in pole position so far in the league, they'd be daft not to offer Tony Smith as big a contract as Hetherington can afford. I hope they *are* indeed daft and that Powell gets re-instated!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It was always a daft thing for him to say. I remember at the time thinking, o aye I'm sure he'll be back if they win something in the time he's gone. What will happen to him though?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

National league? assistant coach somewhere?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
Fraggle posted:
botica posted:
His contract has already been extended.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
Head coach, Wigan?? :sly:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

jinkin jimmy posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Head coach, Wigan?? :sly:
self insults ? what next an undying love for all things saint :o
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

botica posted:
Denis isn't head coach - he's still MG's assistant until Mike's illness is sorted out one way or another.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

GeoffN posted:
botica posted:
Denis isn't head coach - he's still MG's assistant until Mike's illness is sorted out one way or another.
Hi Geoff, When is MG contract up?