Squad for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Squad for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad

14. John Bateman, 5. Joe Burgess, 17. Tony Clubb, 8. Dom Crosby, 31. Connor Farrell, 12. Liam Farrell, 3. Anthony Gelling, 20. Ryan Hampshire, 22. Dom Manfredi, 9. Michael McIlorum, 23. Lee Mossop, 25. Larne Patrick, 4. Dan Sarginson, 7. Matty Smith, 28. Ryan Sutton, 24. Taulima Tautai, 11. Joel Tomkins, 26. Logan Tomkins, 6. George Williams.

Referee: Phil Bentham

Read more at http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... dF3eGHr.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Re: Squad for Friday

Post by KOOCH »

I see Bowen is missing so it seems it will be Hampshire starting at full back.Who gets dropped.I suspect it will be L.Tomkins and possibly Conor Farrell.Who do you think will make the seventeen.We need to bully saints from the off.
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

Saints squad:

SAINTS have announced their 19-man squad for Friday's First Utility Super League Round Eight clash at Wigan Warriors.

Joe Greenwood is recalled whilst Jack Ashworth is named in the ‘19' after being drafted in late last week ahead of the trip to Hull KR.

Saints 17 will be chosen from:

2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Jordan Turner, 4. Josh Jones, 5. Adam Swift, 8. Mose Masoe, 9. James Roby, 10. Kyle Amor, 12. Jon Wilkin, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 14. Alex Walmsley, 15. Mark Flanagan, 16. Lance Hohaia, 18. Luke Thompson, 19. Greg Richards, 20. Paul Wellens, 21. Joe Greenwood, 22. Matty Dawson, 25. Andre Savelio, 28. Jack Ashworth.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Wouldn't have thought it would be Logan seeing as MM never plays 80 minutes these days. Connor Farrell and Crosby (on current form) as 18 & 19.
markill

Post by markill »

I would guess Sutton or Crosby come in for Connor into the 17.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Great to see Rocky get the opportunity.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

SO Bowen was dropped for the game against Wakefield and now doesn't even make the squad.

Not sure of his temperament BUT is it likely he will ask for an early release if he isn't playing?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
sc74

Post by sc74 »

butt monkey wrote:SO Bowen was dropped for the game against Wakefield and now doesn't even make the squad.

Not sure of his temperament BUT is it likely he will ask for an early release if he isn't playing?
I'd be surprised if he asks for a release. Didn't SW get him out of retirement. More likely just sit it out watching Neighbours and Home & Away twice a day.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Saints have a weak injury ravaged side there, should be a good match hopefully we don't do a Leeds and under estimate their weakened side. A bit nervous tbh, last year i was confident even though they were clear favourites
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kaii wrote:Saints have a weak injury ravaged side there, should be a good match hopefully we don't do a Leeds and under estimate their weakened side. A bit nervous tbh, last year i was confident even though they were clear favourites
We have injuries/bans to key players as well Kaii!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett