Poor coaching by Wane AGAIN!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Poor coaching by Wane AGAIN!!!

Post by cpwigan »

Got to feed the trolls as they have been clamouring.

TODAY Wigan won INSPITE of Wane.

If you do not believe it look at the times early on and late on when we scored. At the start and the last quarter we played basic direct RL which given the conditions was ideal.

When we resorted to Waneball we went backwards and invited Saints into the game to the point a game that in the circumstance should have been an easy win became nip and tuck.

For a coach not to have learned from the GF, for a coach not adapt his gameplan to the conditions is POOR!

The Wigan players won today not Wane. It remains a case of Lions led by a donkey!

Here would be an example of smart coaching missing. Penalty seconds remaining, 2-3 tackles in those condition, at that score, low scoring, you take 1 point! We never even tried, we followed whatever dumb instructions the players have to follow!
Kittwazzer

Re: Poor coaching by Wane AGAIN!!!

Post by Kittwazzer »

The Wigan players won today not Wane. It remains a case of Lions led by a donkey!

Here would be an example of smart coaching missing. Penalty seconds remaining, 2-3 tackles in those condition, at that score, low scoring, you take 1 point! We never even tried, we followed whatever dumb instructions the players have to follow!

Hang on, your second paragraph contradicts the first. If the Wigan players won rather than Wane, then surely it was their choice to ignore the one point?

You can't have it both ways! :lol:
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Hang on, your second paragraph contradicts the first. If the Wigan players won rather than Wane, then surely it was their choice to ignore the one point?

Exactly. Unfortunately despite a great game and win, CP would prefer to push his own agenda against Wane.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:The Wigan players won today not Wane. It remains a case of Lions led by a donkey!

It is very simple, FOLLOW, the players work their backsides off to get wins but by following Waneball they often play dumb RL and wins are far harder to achieve and even becomes losses. Eventually brains over brawn counts.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

John Ferguson wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

Exactly. Unfortunately despite a great game and win, CP would prefer to push his own agenda against Wane.
Just replying to a few who wanted a reply.

We could have lost today and that is a game we should have won by 18+ I daresay for some a win glosses over reality.
Wes

Post by Wes »

How do we know we weren't coached to try Waneball and stick to it if it works or to get stuck in if it doesn't?!?!?!

I'm all for a change in coach for next season or this if we fall away from the top as I also advocate the 3 years at 1 club being the right amount of time before ideas run stale but this is getting boring now after every game, I know you are fishing to the do holders but can we emphasise on another point now please.

How about gelling is not good enough at centre?
exiled

Post by exiled »

I see the needle is stuck on the record again at the 'Waneball' word!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If you want to be super critical you can point to some poor decision making with ball in hand in our own half. Chucking it about and as a result at least a couple of times we knocked. One close to the end after we had scored the 2nd try had me going mental!

Is that Waneball or young players lacking experience? Don't know but they really should not be doing it.

The other criticism is the attack was blunt again. Similar to the Hull game we dominated for long periods, had a lot of possession in their half and could not turn it into points.

That said it was still a very enjoyable game of RL. Very committed performance from both teams, some great hits from Wigan who I thought got really in their faces and we won!
Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:If you want to be super critical you can point to some poor decision making with ball in hand in our own half. Chucking it about and as a result at least a couple of times we knocked. One close to the end after we had scored the 2nd try had me going mental!

Is that Waneball or young players lacking experience? Don't know but they really should not be doing it.

The other criticism is the attack was blunt again. Similar to the Hull game we dominated for long periods, had a lot of possession in their half and could not turn it into points.

That said it was still a very enjoyable game of RL. Very committed performance from both teams, some great hits from Wigan who I thought got really in their faces and we won!
TBF Dave both defences where awesome even when scrambling!!! In a sell out Derby game I'd take that result every time, I think our attack will get better and better as the turf dry's. My only criticism is I really do not rate gelling in the centres.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

cpwigan wrote:
John Ferguson wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

Just replying to a few who wanted a reply.

We could have lost today and that is a game we should have won by 18+ I daresay for some a win glosses over reality.
I am getting a little fed up with CP and his constant gripe against Wane. Everytime it's the same post in a differnt way. We win and it's not by enough. I know CP that you are protected by the people who moderate this forum and should I have the temerity to say you are wrong I will no doubt be criticized. FOR GOD SAKE GIVE IT A BREAK.