Mo feels the pain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Mo feels the pain

Post by MrsLam »

http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... ID=1022103
"It's not a question of money or not trying to strengthen. Availability is a problem at this time of the year, and it's no use just signing anybody to fill a gap because we need size and experience."
Just like we've all been saying, there's low availability at this time of the year and why waste our money just to fill the place. I hope we find someone with a bit of bulk to add to the pack, we're very lightweight at the moment, our lads are just bouncing off the opposition.

Just seen that Bradford have signed Ben Harris, anyone know owt about him?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
HappyHooker

Re: Mo feels the pain

Post by HappyHooker »

Ben Harris: http://www.nrl.com/myclub/players.cfm?T ... ayerID=699

Plays centre, so with us not having bid for him, our 'spies' must be looking for big forwards, least thats what i think. Rekon we could get someone before next season, i.e. to play for us soon as!! But they wouldnt be right qulity!!
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

why should MO[doris] have all the fun i read somewhere he would enjoy that :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

HappyHooker posted:

Plays centre, so with us not having bid for him, our 'spies' must be looking for big forwards, least thats what i think. Rekon we could get someone before next season, i.e. to play for us soon as!! But they wouldnt be right qulity!!
Are we not at the top of our overseas quota anyway? According to League Express, Nick Graham is looking for a new club again, he filled in very well for us before but we'd probably have to find an overseas slot for him.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:

Are we not at the top of our overseas quota anyway? According to League Express, Nick Graham is looking for a new club again, he filled in very well for us before but we'd probably have to find an overseas slot for him.
Only Moran and Dallas count on quota - DV and Seuseu are Samoan (which is now in Europe, apparently)
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

HappyHooker posted:

:angry: Perhaps, just perhaps, because we have sunk so low, these players won't come to Wigan anymore !!!!!

I don't believe we have any spies, Doris has been a one man band for so long now, all this talk in the papers about agents downunder, sorry i don't believe it, we are just being fobbed off untill the new owners come in, why don't they tell us the truth ????

:angry:
heydude

Post by heydude »

MrsLam posted:

Just seen that Bradford have signed Ben Harris, anyone know owt about him?
can't understand this one, bradford are raving on about him but read on one of the aussie sites the bulldogs are struggling with the salary cap because of injuries to players especially in the centres so if this guy is so special why isn't he in the first team squad.i know he has been in the first team squad so why is he at bradford instead of being in the bulldogs first team.
don't eat yellow snow
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

fraggle, Give over. Graham was symptomatic of our problems in that he was a player who should have been playing at Huddersfield,wakefield or Salford, he was never ever good enough to be playing for Wigan :exc:
The real question is how have Bradford managed their salary cap to be able to sign another mid season player as they did last year with Harris. We are supposed to be up to our limit when we could have written out Farrell on our salary cap for all season at the beginnig of the season. I would like to see our salary bill, it could be interesting.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

ian.birchall posted:
fraggle, Give over. Graham was symptomatic of our problems in that he was a player who should have been playing at Huddersfield,wakefield or Salford, he was never ever good enough to be playing for Wigan :exc:
The real question is how have Bradford managed their salary cap to be able to sign another mid season player as they did last year with Harris. We are supposed to be up to our limit when we could have written out Farrell on our salary cap for all season at the beginnig of the season. I would like to see our salary bill, it could be interesting.
Nice argument re Graham until you realise 2 of the 3 teams you mention have beaten us this season!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian.birchall posted:
I would like to see our salary bill, it could be interesting.
I'd like the RFL to make every SL club publish their salary cap details. (see "creative accounting" and other similar threads!)
If some of the players appeared to be "officially" earning less than they might be thought to be worth, the Inland Revenue might be interested.