Marquee Signing

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Marquee Signing

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I have been told that we are negotiating to sign a 'superstar' by someone from within the club, unfortunately he wouldn't divulge a name as the club are trying to get the deal done before anyone else can step in with a rival bid. Has anyone else heard a rumour?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wes

Re: Marquee Signing

Post by Wes »

I like the sounds of this! Would love a top strike centre!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

The marquee signing will be a limited marketplace until the Aussies change the rule that any Australians not playing in the NRL will not be considered for national selection.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I have been told that we are negotiating to sign a 'superstar' by someone from within the club, unfortunately he wouldn't divulge a name as the club are trying to get the deal done before anyone else can step in with a rival bid. Has anyone else heard a rumour?
Will have to be from what i can gather on the marquee ruling a top class player. Given that hardly no player in the Australian side will come over unless its for silly money then for me its only 1 player that could fit the bill.

Does not take a genius to work out who we are after.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I have been told that we are negotiating to sign a 'superstar' by someone from within the club, unfortunately he wouldn't divulge a name as the club are trying to get the deal done before anyone else can step in with a rival bid. Has anyone else heard a rumour?
Will have to be from what i can gather on the marquee ruling a top class player. Given that hardly no player in the Australian side will come over unless its for silly money then for me its only 1 player that could fit the bill.

I am no genius so help please!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:

I am no genius so help please!!
Sam Burgess no NRL player will come here if he is playing international and we have Lockers on his last season by the looks of it. Though ppl been saying that for years.

If its a case of first 200k on the cap then some SL could outbid NRL sides for players that are willing to pay.
markill

Post by markill »

thegimble wrote:

I take your point but I don't think Burgess is the only one. There are kiwi players for a start. There are also players who feel they've done it all for Australia / state of origin and want something new. Some of those players may still be seen as superstars even if they are towards the end of their careers. Gallen, Slater, Thurston etc.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Can't see it happening, but Sam Burgess coming to Wigan would be incredible.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

markill wrote:
thegimble wrote:

I take your point but I don't think Burgess is the only one. There are kiwi players for a start. There are also players who feel they've done it all for Australia / state of origin and want something new. Some of those players may still be seen as superstars even if they are towards the end of their careers. Gallen, Slater, Thurston etc.
Gallen could replace Lockers if its his last season i am looking at it from the view that Burgess is struggling in union and the Bunnies might not be able to fit him in for a year so we might get him in as we did with Hoffman who was obviously too good for SL could have got into almost any side in the NRL but was with us for a year so the Storm could get players out to get him back in.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Burgess please ????????