Nz Warriors missing sam

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Nz Warriors missing sam

Post by Firestarter »

Watching all nz Warriors games since Sam signed I can't help but notice how much they miss him especially his link between halves and three quarters.ive always rated Johnson as a scrum half but sometimes he's so selfish with the ball.dont get me wrong I love a sh that takes on the line but you have got to mix it up.considering Sam had the top try assists for a fb in the NRL last year I think it shows with his injury this year that there attack is ordinary without him.cant wait for his input here next year.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
sc74

Re: Nz Warriors missing sam

Post by sc74 »

Get him in as captain as well. Can't see a proper leader in the team when SOL is injured. All the other candidates seem too interested in scrapping/dirty play. Can see him leading the side well.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I said this the last season he was here.it always seemed that him and Blake green were doing the shouting while lockers kept quite.thats exactly what we need in a leader imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Firestarter wrote:I said this the last season he was here.it always seemed that him and Blake green were doing the shouting while lockers kept quite.thats exactly what we need in a leader imo
We had this argument when Lockers was given the captain's job. Many claimed nepotism saying he wasn't vocal enough. Faz was always shouting the odds, often when he was as guilty of errors as much as any of his squad. Lockers style is different, leading by example and preferring encouragement to admonition. Both good captains, just different styles!
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I said this the last season he was here.it always seemed that him and Blake green were doing the shouting while lockers kept quite.thats exactly what we need in a leader imo
We had this argument when Lockers was given the captain's job. Many claimed nepotism saying he wasn't vocal enough. Faz was always shouting the odds, often when he was as guilty of errors as much as any of his squad. Lockers style is different, leading by example and preferring encouragement to admonition. Both good captains, just different styles!
a
Agree with fire starter Kitt Sam better than he who cannot be named.
Wouldn't want to upset anyone????
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Bob Paisley said in a LFC video years ago that he never shouted at his players as his point would be lost and by talking rather than shouting people responded better.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Is it not a myth about Lockers not shouting? Was a bit on Wigan tv last year when they miked him up at training. He was very vocal and critical. Just because he does not do the screaming and face pulling like Faz did does not mean he's not shouting or talking through the game. I still think his record is better than Faz so maybe he's a better captain ? Depends way you see it screaming or trophys :cool:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Oh and one more thing Faz had Rads, Dalas, Robinson, Renouf, Lam, Newton, Smith, O'connor Betts in his team I would guess most of those would get a look in our starting 13.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Good points made 'Lucky'. Pretty emphatic too. Good post
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You can only be passionate and visibly vocal if you have the players (team-mates) respect / belief. Andy Faz had that, so does Lockers but he is a different character / personality. Neither is right or wrong you are are what you are.

Not many outstanding candidates for captain after Lockers and neither is Sam T so he stands as good a chance as anybody. I would say Joel is a better captain than Sam.

Far too early but down the line George Williams could be an excellent captain.